What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

If the Knicks traded us Toppin and Knox for Conley, I would take it over losing Conley for nothing.

One caveat though - if we sign Ntilikina to a cheap offer sheet, NY doesn't match.
I don’t know what Frank’s qualifying offer is… but if they give him one he should sign it immediately.

I don’t know what Frank’s qualifying offer is… but if they give him one he should sign it immediately.
$8.3 million I guess he signs it right away if his best offers are in the $2-3 million range.

I just feel like if we got him at $3 million or less a year, it addresses a lot of under-the-surface issues we worry about:

Rudy - Frank and Rudy are friends from the France team. Adding Frank could be a move that makes Rudy happy.

Don - Frank and Don are friends from the same draft class. Adding Frank could be a move that makes Don happy.

Rudy and Don - Frank could maybe smooth over rough edges between the two. Bring them closer.

Perimeter defense - Frank is elite at it.

$8.3 million I guess he signs it right away if his best offers are in the $2-3 million range.

I just feel like if we got him at $3 million or less a year, it addresses a lot of under-the-surface issues we worry about:

Rudy - Frank and Rudy are friends from the France team. Adding Frank could be a move that makes Rudy happy.

Don - Frank and Don are friends from the same draft class. Adding Frank could be a move that makes Don happy.

Rudy and Don - Frank could maybe smooth over rough edges between the two. Bring them closer.

It’s kinda minimums or nothing for us. We aren’t splitting the taxpayer MLE in half for frank.

Frank is fine at the minimum but I just don’t think he’s good. Maybe he figures it out.

I'd take Knox over Frank. Call it Dante exum PTSD.

Does an Aminu/Favors swap seem realistic to anyone?

Bulls currently have no backup center signed for 21/22 season. They do have Thad Young, who plays small ball center for them (I think?), but Theis and Felicio are UFA's this off-season. There is a need there. They may see Aminu as being redundant to Young.

Aminu is coming off a pretty disappointing year. The upside is that he would fill a need (defensive 4/3 who could maybe play smallball against the Marcus Morris types) and his contract is up after this season as opposed to Favors who would have one extra year. I think this deal could get done on a straight up basis if both teams wanted. I could see Utah not being interested though and just wanting straight up cap relief so they can escape the large LT payment and just sign an Aminu-like player on the cheap.

I wouldn’t be so harsh as to call it disappointing. The guy hadn’t played basketball in almost a year and a half. When he finally got onto a court this season, he then only played in 23 games, for two different teams, both of whom sucked balls. Tough to get an honest analysis out of that.

Aminu could be a total flop but could also be the ultimate buy-low guy. Worst-case-scenario he shaves off a year of Favors. But if he returns to form he could be exactly what we need.

Remember when opposing teams realized they didn’t have to guard Ronnie Brewer, like, at all? Boy it sure would be fun to see that again.
Frank can shoot it ok, it's just everything else on offense that he can't do at all. It's not even fair to Exum to compare the two. At least Exum had some down-hill threat potential.

Aminu could be a total flop but could also be the ultimate buy-low guy. Worst-case-scenario he shaves off a year of Favors. But if he returns to form he could be exactly what we need.
I don’t think they do it but it’s possible imo.

Two summer mini camp prospects to be named later. I mean, just look at how often they hit on minicamp guys.
We will trade you DL... who is getting paid and not doing anything... which I believe is what they call in the biz "consulting".