What's new

Jazz select Grayson Allen at 21

I don't think it's crazy to mold a guy with a great catch and shoot and pull-up shot and we are talking about #21. If he provides gravity with his shot in a reserve role on a cheap deal, it's not the end of the world.
The guy can get to the rim and finish with contact as well.

Keita Bates-Diop. Who might not make it in the league, but I'd rather swing for the fences of "maybe he's a starter" than the excitement of "probably a decent guy off the bench."

I see what your saying but "probably a decent guy off the bench" picks are very important in roster building as well.

We were under .500 at the trade deadline.
You can protect the pick.

I guess we just have to hope Lindsay can make a deal with Denver every four years, cuz outside of those moves, it's really just been **** in the draft.

I wish we traded our pick for Niko at trade deadline...
Y’all finally comin’ ‘round.

As stated 4,000x in Niko thread, when the illustrious mystery of the pick converts to the reality of who that player becomes, we then will value that player much less than the initial pick that landed them.

Tomorrow the Jazz propo machine will convince all Jazz fans that Allen is the next Stockton. I am going to hate him tonight.

I see what your saying but "probably a decent guy off the bench" picks are very important in roster building as well.
Not when:
-you already have plenty (maybe too many)
-you can find them seemingly anywhere and anytime you want

I guess we just have to hope Lindsay can make a deal with Denver every four years, cuz outside of those moves, it's really just been **** in the draft.

You can protect the pick and be hamstringed by protections for years. So may unknowns at the trade deadline.

I think Jamal Crawford is a fair comp. Jamal Crawford is a score first smaller SG who can score in bunches especially from the outside. He is also an average defender, but he is a valuable player.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why are you so convinced Grayson Allen isn't a good pick at 21? Have you watched highlights? You think you know better than the Jazz staff?

Y’all finally comin’ ‘round.

As stated 4,000x in Niko thread, when the illustrious mystery of the pick converts to the reality of who that player becomes, we then will value that player much less than the initial pick that landed them.
Unless you do a good job. If it's Okobo and it hits? Or KBD and hits?

But no, we should **** with having no defensive holes in the rotation so we can have a guy that hasn't gotten better in college in three years.

Why are you so convinced Grayson Allen isn't a good pick at 21? Have you watched highlights? You think you know better than the Jazz staff?
I don't see how he'll ever play more than 20 MPG here or any contender for that matter. He's known as a poor defender, he's not a PG, he's not a switchable defender. He's a hustler that will hopefully make the right plays most of the time, mostly against bench players.

Unless you do a good job. If it's Okobo and it hits? Or KBD and hits?

But no, we should **** with having no defensive holes in the rotation so we can have a guy that hasn't gotten better in college in three years.

His scoring went down due to 5 star recruits getting their touches. Other parts of his game like assists and steals sky rocketed his last year.

You can when it comes at the expense of better assets.

What are you even talking about? A swing for the fence guy can be dead money just as much as a playoff starter (the former more likely when you're picking late).

"Safe" picks aren't always fun or project as franchise-altering but they have legitimate value.

A player who can provide gravity and scoring in a bench role immediately (important because helps DURING rookie deal) has value.

I can't believe I'm defending Allen, I'm conflicted and yes there are concerns. But I think there's some serious overreaction. I mean we were picking at #21....