What's new

Jazz select Jared Butler - Draft Grades 2021

So have there been any other pro athletes with this condition and what kind of careers
have they had?
The ones who have died before it was diagnosed.

Had been known before college. Can be on some antihypertensives that can help with remodeling over time. Wherever he’s at with it, he was cleared for college play.
Thanks! Does this make sense as a cause for concern for NBA teams and why he might have slid on draft night? Should I be concerned as a Jazz fan?

It also appears that he seems completely comfortable talking about his condition, so did I just miss this information, or were the Jazz unnecessarily tight lipped about this?

It also appears that he seems completely comfortable talking about his condition, so did I just miss this information, or were the Jazz unnecessarily tight lipped about this?
The Jazz are unnecessarily tight-lipped about all kinds of stuff.

Jared was tight lipped about it too. I'm sure NBA teams knew and it is the main reason he slipped on draft night. If I was negotiating contracts I wouldn't be out there letting people know about this either. It will affect his career earning for sure... hopefully it does not affect his health as a player or after he retires.

Thanks! Does this make sense as a cause for concern for NBA teams and why he might have slid on draft night? Should I be concerned as a Jazz fan?
Risk is always there but teams are going to be spooked about anything medical because they fear sudden retirement or other issues that could be “unpredictable.” As orthopedic issues are more commonly understood, general medical concerns seem to create more mystery and anxiety amongst the league, in my observation. If he’s played through college I wouldn’t worry about it (from an executive or fan position of this preventing you from being all-in on a guy, and not saying don’t worry about it from an individual health perspective).

Jared was tight lipped about it too. I'm sure NBA teams knew and it is the main reason he slipped on draft night. If I was negotiating contracts I wouldn't be out there letting people know about this either. It will affect his career earning for sure... hopefully it does not affect his health as a player or after he retires.
I don't understand how this would affect his contract negotiations. I would assume at that point the team already knows about it.

I guess you could be right that he was not wanting the information to get out before, but is ok with it now. I'm not sure why that would be though.