What's new

Jazz sign Nigel Williams-Goss

The one weakness on paper that we seem to have is the lack of someone who can man up on guys like LeBron and Kawhi. But we do have a TON of switchable defenders on this roster which is nice.
STEPHENSON!

Can't do that. Only the final year of a contract can be an option year.
You can if the years simply aren’t guaranteed but there’s a guarantee date for each year, similar to deals for Bolomboy, Royce, and Niang.

Looks like NWG has worked on his body quite a bit which is good.

One thing that I like about our guards/wings (and roster in general) is that we have good size/length.

Mike Conley: 6'1, 6'6 wingspan
Dante Exum: 6'6, 6'9 wingspan
Emmanuel Mudiay: 6'5, 6'9 wingspan
Nigel Williams Goss: 6'3, 6'7 wingspan
Donovan Mitchell: 6'3, 6'10 wingspan
Royce O'neale: 6'6, 6'10 wingspan
Bojan Bogdanovic: 6'8,
Joe Ingles: 6'8, 6'10 wingspan

The one weakness on paper that we seem to have is the lack of someone who can man up on guys like LeBron and Kawhi. But we do have a TON of switchable defenders on this roster which is nice.

Name the players over the whole league who can “man up” on LBJ and Kawhi ??

Name the players over the whole league who can “man up” on LBJ and Kawhi ??

Exactly. I've been saying the same thing. People have been talking about the Jazz finding a wing defender who can guard those guys. I'm not sure such a player exists. And if he does he's probably not available to us. But we have several different bodies to throw at those guys though to make life hard on them. AND now that we have Conley and Bogdanovic and better spacing we can actually score enough to keep up with those guys if they go off like they tend to do.

My kids think it’s funny to keep making the same predictable lame jokes and still think it’s clever and you know .. funny. Their brains are still young and developing. What’s your excuse ??
Bro there comes a point where a ded joke becomes funny again exactly for the reason it's been so overused. Only intelligent adult brains would understand that.

You can if the years simply aren’t guaranteed but there’s a guarantee date for each year, similar to deals for Bolomboy, Royce, and Niang.
Then that's a 'non-guaranteed' contract, not a 'team option' contract. They work very differently.