What's new

Jazz sign Patrick Christopher

I like PC. I liked when he was with Cal Bears.
I liked him when he played for my favourite team Besiktas Black Eagles.
Good defender, nice bulk.

Found this about PC:

Who exactly is Patrick Christopher? The 6’5″, 209 lb swingman was a four-year player for the University of California, Berkley. After spending most of his freshman year as a role player off the bench, Christopher became a full-time starter his sophomore campaign and never looked back. He made a substantial jump that year and produced similar numbers the subsequent two seasons. As a senior, he tallied 15.6 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 2.0 APG and 1.60 SPG, along with a 19.5 PER mark. Christopher hoisted up nearly five 3-point attempts an outing, but only shot 33.7 percent. He earned All Pac-10 first team honors and ended one of Cal’s top 10 scorers. He finished his tenure there with career averages of 12.7 PPG and 3.8 RPG.

Despite the solid collegiate career, Christopher seems to have underwhelmed a bit at the pre-Draft tournaments and ended up going undrafted. He’s spent NBA summer leagues or training camps with the Detroit Pistons, the Sacramento Kings, the Chicago Bulls and the Memphis Grizzlies. Christopher has spent time overseas, playing two seasons in Turkey and one with Cholet Basket of France. It should be noted that he played with Utah Jazz fan favorite Rudy Gobert that one season. Here is the pair in action, spending some time with some local school children. Most recently, Christopher has been playing for the Iowa Energy in the D-League4. Last season, he averaged 13.6 PPG (53.1 percent field goals), 4.0 RPG and 2.2 APG in 33.5 MPG. The stat that sticks out, and one Jazz fans will be pleased to see, is his 44.6 percent shooting from beyond the arc. While he was a so-so 3-point shooter in college, it appears he’s honed that aspect of his game. For a team in need of perimeter marksmanship, that will be a welcome addition. Christopher earned D-League All-Defensive Second Team honors. He also exploded for a 47-point game.
Sounds like we have a potential "3 and D" candidate.

Didn't know he was an all defensive team in the d-league. Probably not that impressive of a feat, but it shows he tries.

sent from a phone ya bish

Do the Jazz pay players for referring a friend?

"How does Patrick Christopher sound very similar to Toure Murray?" Well both will be gathering splinters from viscious pine.