What's new

Jazz sign Patrick Christopher

Well, stats wise there are certainly more intriguing guys in the NBADL. Hopefully he plays D or something.

Looking through the NBA d-league stats...... Seth Curry is killing it. 53% from 3..... on 7 attempts a game. 25/pts a game.

Completely off topic, but this is one of the reasons having Exum excites me. There are a lot of guys similar to Curry...good shooters, undersized, can't play the point, and can't defend SG's. Like, Ian Clark and Seth Curry couldn't play with a pg like Burke, but they could with Exum.

So if Exum ever puts it all together (especially defensively), it opens up more options for different types of shooters. Basically my point is that finding a 6'5+, athletic shooter is difficult. Finding a 6'2 athletic shooter is a lot easier.

The signing makes me wonder if the trade rumors with Brooklyn have some legs.

Yes, homey, the AK to Utah trade couldn't happen until Dec. 15th.
But why would the Nets choose Utah over Philadelphia as a trade partner? We're asking them to take on a player who is owed a little bit of money when waived, IINM. Sixers only have to include a throw-away since they have a ton of cap space. I doubt Brooklyn sees Murry and Evans as players who are going to help them win more games.

"The Sixers have over $30 million in salary cap space, making them a prime trading partner for any team looking to dump salary.

Enter the Brooklyn Nets.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Sixers are working on a trade with the Nets that would send small forward Andrei Kirilenko to Philadelphia. According to the report, the Nets would also send the Sixers a draft pick to take Kirilenko off Brooklyn's roster."

https://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf...ing_andrei_kirilenko_according_to_report.html

It's official! Welcome on board. we need more of this

[video=youtube_share;Zs1G2vClfw4]https://youtu.be/Zs1G2vClfw4

Yes, homey, the AK to Utah trade couldn't happen until Dec. 15th.
But why would the Nets choose Utah over Philadelphia as a trade partner? We're asking them to take on a player who is owed a little bit of money when waived, IINM. Sixers only have to include a throw-away since they have a ton of cap space. I doubt Brooklyn sees Murry and Evans as players who are going to help them win more games.

"The Sixers have over $30 million in salary cap space, making them a prime trading partner for any team looking to dump salary.

Enter the Brooklyn Nets.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the Sixers are working on a trade with the Nets that would send small forward Andrei Kirilenko to Philadelphia. According to the report, the Nets would also send the Sixers a draft pick to take Kirilenko off Brooklyn's roster."

https://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf...ing_andrei_kirilenko_according_to_report.html

Short answer, they get to keep their draft pick and save some salary by waving Murray. I believe his contract is still unguaranteed.

Or he could be the next Anthony Morrow. There have been some decent players called up from the D-League. Minimal cost to take a look.

Hopefully the Jazz scouts are smarter than the DLeague website, but he is not listed in the top 30 NBA prospects. Kevin Murphy, Garrett and Junior Sapp are on that list (I know we can't have anything to do with Garrett for a year) but I don't think the Jazz are going to be running a play for this guy.

Jazz are rumored to send both Toure Murray and Jeremy Evans out in a trade. Maybe another 2-for-1 deal is in place and more roster spots open up as a result.

Jazz are rumored to send both Toure Murray and Jeremy Evans out in a trade. Maybe another 2-for-1 deal is in place and more roster spots open up as a result.
The AK deal? That appears to be dead...Philly is back in talks with Brooklyn. I'll bet DL actually had the cajones to request a draft pick be included.

The AK deal? That appears to be dead...Philly is back in talks with Brooklyn. I'll bet DL actually had the cajones to request a draft pick be included.

The last thing I read from Woj on Yahoo was that if AK went to Philly, they would waive him and then he could sign with someone else. Novak is a guy that a contender might want and they could get a pick for him or him, Jeremy and/or Murry.

The last thing I read from Woj on Yahoo was that if AK went to Philly, they would waive him and then he could sign with someone else. Novak is a guy that a contender might want and they could get a pick for him or him, Jeremy and/or Murry.

Yes, that's what I read: AK and a 2nd to Philly and then they'll waive him. I'll bet he clears waivers and then signs for the minimum with a contender. Novak has two years left, right? Might be able to get a 2nd. Or just trade him for an expiring. I know, that means DL made a HUGE mistake giving up a pick to get him. Fire Lindsey!

Well, stats wise there are certainly more intriguing guys in the NBADL. Hopefully he plays D or something.

Looking through the NBA d-league stats...... Seth Curry is killing it. 53% from 3..... on 7 attempts a game. 25/pts a game.

Gonna see Seth play in Erie soon - flying back home to PA for Christmas. Looking forward to it! Last season their 'star' was Ricky Davis!

Gonna see Seth play in Erie soon - flying back home to PA for Christmas. Looking forward to it! Last season their 'star' was Ricky Davis!
Lot of players in the D-League are there instead of the NBA because they are either undersized for their position (like 6'1" SG's or 6'6" forwards) or can't/won't play defense. Christopher has good size and can hit 3's. I'd actually call him a pretty good prospect.

Yes, that's what I read: AK and a 2nd to Philly and then they'll waive him. I'll bet he clears waivers and then signs for the minimum with a contender. Novak has two years left, right? Might be able to get a 2nd. Or just trade him for an expiring. I know, that means DL made a HUGE mistake giving up a pick to get him. Fire Lindsey!
https://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11199375&src=desktop

Ummmm. The Raptors gave Utah a pick to take Novak. I'm pretty sure that if the Jazz can get another pick or other asset for a guy they were paid to take, that it would be a pretty good move. Doubt anybody gives up anything to get Novak. Was hoping he'd show more out there tbh. The Jazz desperately need shooters.

https://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11199375&src=desktop

Ummmm. The Raptors gave Utah a pick to take Novak. I'm pretty sure that if the Jazz can get another pick or other asset for a guy they were paid to take, that it would be a pretty good move. Doubt anybody gives up anything to get Novak. Was hoping he'd show more out there tbh. The Jazz desperately need shooters.

My bad. I was joking about DL, of course. I thought we had given up a pick for him. So we just need to get an expiring for Novak. Seems like he should have some value. Guy is lights out as a 3PT shooter.