What's new

Jazz sign Xavier Sneed to two way contract

Not according to NBA.com
Here are your real measurements.

Official player heights are supposed to be without shoes (which is how Royce went from 6' 6" to 6' 4", Donovan went from 6' 3" to 6' 1", etc).

The point here is size on the margins is kinda relevant but quite overrated in terms of importance.

Don't ask me why Conley is listed at 6' 1" on NBA.com when he is 5' 11" w/o shoes, while Mitchell is listed at 6' 1" when he's 6' 1.25" w/o shoes and 6' 3" in shoes. On that note, people need to not perceive them as the same size; Donovan is two full inches taller, has a wingspan four full inches wider, and is 40 pounds heavier than Conley (saying nothing of the difference in explosion). Mitchell doesn't have awesome size for a SG, but he's really not that undersized if undersized at all when you take everything into consideration.

Last edited:
Here are your real measurements.

Official player heights are supposed to be without shoes (which is how Royce went from 6' 6" to 6' 4", Donovan went from 6' 3" to 6' 1", etc).

The point here is size on the margins is kinda relevant but quite overrated in terms of importance.
Yeah Donovan is about exactly as tall as I am in shoes. I am just over 6'1" without shoes. The few times I stood next to or near him I saw he was basically exactly my height. Depending on my shoes I am 6'2" to 6'3"-ish. And I am sure I can jump about as high as he can too. Probably.

Don't ask me why Conley is listed at 6' 1" on NBA.com when he is 5' 11" w/o shoes, while Mitchell is listed at 6' 1" when he's 6' 1.25" w/o shoes and 6' 3" in shoes. On that note, people need to not perceive them as the same size; Donovan is two full inches taller, has a wingspan four full inches wider, and is 40 pounds heavier than Conley (saying nothing of the difference in explosion). Mitchell doesn't have awesome size for a SG, but he's really not that undersized if undersized at all when you take everything into consideration.
yeah thanks for the info.

NBA just gotta be more consistent with this ****. 2 years ago they did this "w/o shoes" thing for a group of players but not for everyone. So now on NBA.com we are looking at some players height w/o shoes and some players height with shoes, making it increasingly difficult to see the players' actual measurements without doing extended research or watching them play in person

Remember how Zylan Cheatham and Malik Fitts had been said to be 6-8 forwards coming out of college? And even when they signed with the Jazz, that's what a lot of us hoped we were getting? And then they both turned out to be 6-5?

From the highlights, I'm guessing Sneed is in the 6-3.5 - 6-4 range. I'm pretty sure he's not bigger than Royce.

Looks like a good athlete with a decent wingspan, but he's a small(ish) wing.

Went back and rewatched Sneed's minutes from his game with the Grizz against the Spurs. To my eye he looked closer to the Spurs' 6-4 guys (Walker & Primo) than to the 6-5 Vassell. They also had him guarding primarily Bryn Forbes. So take that for what it's worth (likely nothing).

Went back and rewatched Sneed's minutes from his game with the Grizz against the Spurs. To my eye he looked closer to the Spurs' 6-4 guys (Walker & Primo) than to the 6-5 Vassell. They also had him guarding primarily Bryn Forbes. So take that for what it's worth (likely nothing).
Sneed has been to a basketball combine. You can find his actual information. You dont need to do this.

Rarely does anyone standup with straight posture during a NBA game. Everyone is bent over to some degree. This kind of eye test stuff to figure out who is taller by 1 or 2 inches is ludicrous.

Sneed has been to a basketball combine. You can find his actual information. You dont need to do this.
You mean the same combine that listed Chris Silva at 6-10 (he's been listed in the NBA at 6-8)? (Hint: same combine)

At least it wasn't the same combine where Zylan Cheatham was measured at 6-7.5 (which everyone rounded up in the draft process to 6-8), even though he turned out to be 6-5 with the Jazz, but you get the idea why I don't trust a random combine measurement.

Last edited:
The player on the Jazz whose size I think Sneed most likely resembles is NAW:
  • likely same in the 6-4-ish range without shoes; has been rounded up at times to 6-6 with shoes
  • wingspan is a quarter inch different (according the the combine measurement Cy referred to)
  • standing reach is 1.5" better than NAW
  • 7 lbs heavier
Hope he makes it to the NBA floor with the Jazz at some point, so everyone can tell me how wrong I am (Cy is right that the eyeball test I've done is silly, even more so because it's just looking through limited minutes).