Jazz sit 7th in standings and will have to fight to make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by tleikheen, Feb 7, 2019.

  1. Sean

    Sean Well-Known Member

    646
    115
    93
    May 26, 2010
    They're also in a much tougher WC than what they were dealing with in 2016.
     

  2. tleikheen

    tleikheen Well-Known Member

    1,460
    145
    98
    Jul 24, 2014
    Rodney Hood making good for Portland his 1st game playing for them going 6/7 from the field . I think Alex Burks will be a good pickup for Sacramento too.I hate to say it but both can be key additions to 2 other teams going against Utah for the playoffs.
     
  3. Sandman822

    Sandman822 Well-Known Member

    959
    672
    128
    Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah this, he got taken to 7 games by an upstart Pacers team in the 1st round and then by an upstart Celtics team in the ECFs missing it's two highest paid players. They're not beating the Warriors in a 1st round series, and I'm not even sure they beat a Nuggets/OKC/Rockets team in a 7 game series but at least they'd probably pick up Game 1 against those guys.
     
  4. Sandman822

    Sandman822 Well-Known Member

    959
    672
    128
    Jul 7, 2015
    Exum doesn't need to be able to ISO score, he just needs to be able to knock down a pull up 3 or even a pull up midrange when teams go under on a PnR and wall off Favors or Gobert's roll and stay home on the rest of the shooters like the way OKC defended him in their game in mid/late December. If he hits that the bench unit becomes pretty unstoppable.
     
    fishonjazz likes this.
  5. tleikheen

    tleikheen Well-Known Member

    1,460
    145
    98
    Jul 24, 2014
    I've never seen Lebron say he was taking this Laker team to the championship BUT before he missed a bunch of games Lakers were doing pretty good .They probably know if they play pre Lebron injury they can climb 6/7/8 in the standings . As long as they don't match up against Warriors then OKC ,Houston.and Denver has no one on their team that can slow a healthy Lebron down.
     
  6. tleikheen

    tleikheen Well-Known Member

    1,460
    145
    98
    Jul 24, 2014
    Exum looks so much more confident and comfortable taking 3's from the top of the key than the corner 3. Ball needs to be in Exum's hands when he's playing and not having to be a non existent decoy in the corners when he gets back after the All Star break.
     
  7. latin jazz

    latin jazz Well-Known Member

    1,489
    621
    163
    Aug 6, 2013
    No one will point out that the title in this thread is now outdated? We are 6th baby
     
    Tak, DasJazz and Jazzta like this.
  8. Sandman822

    Sandman822 Well-Known Member

    959
    672
    128
    Jul 7, 2015
    It's not so much about LeBron not performing to his standards, LeBron even tears the Warriors a new ******* half the time he played them in the Finals because he's the 2nd greatest player of all time. The issue is the rest of that Lakers team, you'll get playoff Rondo who will be good, Lance will be good for a game in a series, and you've got Javale who's solid. You then have a bunch of young unproven guys, Ball in particular who probably won't have much game time by that point due to his current injury, and Luke Walton who's unproven as a coach in the playoffs. They're likely not going to have HCA in any series either which is a big deal when the majority of their team is young guys or role players. I also think their poor FT shooting as a team is going to really bite them in the *** in the playoffs as when things get hard and they need to get some free points they can't even consistently knock down FTs.

    Maybe against Denver you could argue they'd have a good chance against but the Lakers don't have anyone to stop Jokic and Denver will have HCA so their young guys will likely perform better than the Lakers young guys over the course of the series so I'm taking Denver. OKC have a bunch of long athletic guys that they could throw at LeBron to make it hard on him while simultaneously having PG13 on the other side of the floor who the Lakers have no one to guard him with outside of maybe Bullock or LeBron for small stretches so I don't see him slowing down, and Westbrook as a 2nd guy attacking the young guys isn't great. Houston have PJ Tucker and that's about it, but the Lakers can't guard both Harden and CP3 and their switch everything defense will likely boil the game down to Harden and CP3 vs LeBron and ?? and the Rockets will win.

    It's all going to set up perfectly for the media and fans to **** on the Lakers role players/young guys and give LeBron some credence on the whole AD situation as LeBron is going to have a monster 4 - 7 games, the rest of the team ***** the bed, and they bow out in the 1st round for the first time in LeBron's career.
     
  9. fishonjazz

    fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

    49,884
    6,879
    388
    Nov 4, 2010
    You think because the odds are wrong one time that odds no longer have meaning?

    Pretty dumb thinking.

    No one said the jazz have a 100% chance to make the playoffs. The season isnt over so of course there is a chance they miss the playoffs. But the odds are that they will make the playoffs.


    Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
     
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Tak and latin jazz like this.
  10. New_Jazz_Order

    New_Jazz_Order Member

    81
    39
    23
    Feb 22, 2018
    wow, we have a legit chance at 50 wins
     
    Jingled likes this.
  11. New_Jazz_Order

    New_Jazz_Order Member

    81
    39
    23
    Feb 22, 2018
    jazz don't need exum to make playoffs, like they didn't need hood last season, because soft players are low impact.
     
  12. framer

    framer Well-Known Member

    4,942
    1,127
    193
    Jun 24, 2010
    One could also argue that this is due to the "Hayward Effect", as well. Friggin' 4 points. . .
     
    Tak likes this.
  13. Shad

    Shad Well-Known Member

    2,536
    617
    163
    Jun 24, 2010
    You're calling stats an idiot and butt hurt bitch? Or are you a complete ignorant dumbass? I'll go with being a literal dumbass
     
  14. carolinajazz

    carolinajazz Well-Known Member

    5,970
    301
    168
    May 26, 2010
    We should win 20 more regular season games.
     
  15. Sean

    Sean Well-Known Member

    646
    115
    93
    May 26, 2010
    lol did I say that? Only pointing out that the odds have bit the Jazz in the butt before.

    And you're right. No one said the Jazz have 100% chance of making the playoffs ... just 99%.
     
  16. silesian

    silesian Well-Known Member

    3,353
    374
    133
    May 30, 2010
    BS We were >90, but nowhere near 99.9%,
     
  17. silesian

    silesian Well-Known Member

    3,353
    374
    133
    May 30, 2010

    I bet the Warriors and Suns have same probability of making the playoffs.
     
  18. silesian

    silesian Well-Known Member

    3,353
    374
    133
    May 30, 2010
    Something with a 90% chance does not happen 10% of the time. When it doesn't happen, that does not mean that 90% was wrong. Innumeracy run amok.
     
  19. silesian

    silesian Well-Known Member

    3,353
    374
    133
    May 30, 2010
    Jazz will likely cakewalk into the playoffs. Probably 4-5 seed maybe 3, no lower than 6. <2% chance they implode and finish at 9.
     
  20. Stoked

    Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

    36,446
    3,328
    263
    Dec 13, 2011
    Odd are extremely good we will make the playoffs.
     

Share This Page