What's new

Jazz Summer League Thread

I think at least 3 of the Jazz' summer leaguer's make the team (that includes the draft picks) and 1-2 will get the 2-way contracts. Might also snag additional player(s) who get cut by another team. Four players can also be designated "affiliate"" players for the Stars, IINM. Will make for an interesting training camp, with potentially some roster maneuvers right near the end to align everyone where the Jazz want them.

Outside of our picks, I think Reed has the best chance of cracking the roster. Jazz might offer Udoh the vet minimum, but I doubt he stays. After his impact in Europe, he was probably unhappy by lack of playing time. Reed could step in for the backup minutes behind Gobert if Favs is waived, or even as the third center if Utah can sign a decent 2nd-string center at the vet minimum.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Jazz Summer League roster and noticed there are five point guards. I'm wondering if this means Neto is expendable?

I was looking at the Jazz Summer League roster and noticed there are five point guards. I'm wondering if this means Neto is expendable?
It doesn't mean anything regarding Neto. Not to mention, while they might be PG size they aren't all necessarily PGs. Edge, for example isn't a PG. At this point JWF is probably more SG as well.

I think at least 3 of the Jazz' summer leaguer's make the team (that includes the draft picks) and 1-2 will get the 2-way contracts. Might also snag additional player(s) who get cut by another team. Four players can also be designated "affiliate"" players for the Stars, IINM. Will make for an interesting training camp, with potentially some roster maneuvers right near the end to align everyone where the Jazz want them.

Outside of our picks, I think Reed has the best chance of cracking the roster. Jazz might offer Udoh the vet minimum, but I doubt he stays. After his impact in Europe, he was probably unhappy by lack of playing time. Reed could step in for the backup minutes behind Gobert if Favs is waived, or even as the third center if Utah can sign a decent 2nd-string center at the vet minimum.
We need at least 2 of those "Royce Oneale" type of deals from this years summer league. 2 might not even be enough depends on our FA acquisition if we do keep Favors.

Maybe they are thinking Dante is expendable too.

1852967.jpg

1852967.webp

Last edited:

George King shot 43% on 5 attempts per game from 3 in the G League last year. Think he was on a two-way with the Suns.