What's new

Jazz: Thank you Gordon

stitches

2023 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz: Thank you, Gordon

[TWEET]883345103556759552[/TWEET]
Seems like the Jazz are trying hard to swing the fanbase towards a softer stance on Hayward:

https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/status/883345103556759552

DEJFrzsVYAA6ZMH.jpg

Not sure they will succeed and if it's worth it in any way but... oh well...

thank you for taking your time so we couldn't replace you. thank you for not demanding a S & T so we could get something back of value. thank you for letting us bring in Rubio and Ingles. thank you for making us fly out to SD to give you our pitch when you flew to the other two teams. thank you for not being a leader in the locker room. thank you for letting us give our kids the Hayward cut so we can be reminded of all you did for us daily. and most of all thank you for letting us woo you all over the state with billboards and signs. no really, thank you.

Probably a bit of a PR stunt to combat the fans. Jazz want to be seen as a great/stable organization to play for.

It's the only card they can play.

thank you for taking your time so we couldn't replace you. thank you for not demanding a S & T so we could get something back of value. thank you for letting us bring in Rubio and Ingles. thank you for making us fly out to SD to give you our pitch when you flew to the other two teams. thank you for not being a leader in the locker room. thank you for letting us give our kids the Hayward cut so we can be reminded of all you did for us daily. and most of all thank you for letting us woo you all over the state with billboards and signs. no really, thank you.

Well said, and what should've been the caption with the picture. Except I agree with Rubio, think he'll be phenomenal under Quin. The Ingles thing is going to hurt at some point.

Probably a bit of a PR stunt to combat the fans. Jazz want to be seen as a great/stable organization to play for.

It's the only card they can play.

Yeah. Does the organization no good to get in the gutter no matter how it went down. Stick to the high road. Just makes his behavior look that much worse. Jazz will regroup and move forward. Still a very good team that is a couple of big player jumps (Hood, Mitchell and/or Exum) from being about where they were if he'd stayed.

I agree. Was mad but it's over. Try to keep/limit damage to the improving image of the Jazz.

Time to move forward.

[TWEET]883345103556759552[/TWEET]
Seems like the Jazz are trying hard to swing the fanbase towards a softer stance on Hayward:

https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/status/883345103556759552

DEJFrzsVYAA6ZMH.jpg

Not sure they will succeed and if it's worth it in any way but... oh well...

Honestly doesn't change my stance. Sometimes when people are pissy to me I will double down in niceness just to irk them a little more... it's a power move.

I dont think the Jazz FO cares what the Jazz fan's feelings towards Hayward are (I actually still think they are the ones who probably leaked the "Hayward has to push for a S&T" narrative" to make him look worse). This is just about the FO looking professional. Nobody likes a salty billionaire.

On the game winning shots please refresh my memory. I can only think of one, against the knicks, but I could be wrong. Were there others? Not bad for a seven year stint.:rolleyes:. Then again, he was never one to really step up at the end of the game, generally deferring.

On the game winning shots please refresh my memory. I can only think of one, against the knicks, but I could be wrong. Were there others? Not bad for a seven year stint.:rolleyes:. Then again, he was never one to really step up at the end of the game, generally deferring.

Dallas, Cleveland.

I agree. Was mad but it's over. Try to keep/limit damage to the improving image of the Jazz.

Time to move forward.

Rudy Gobert. Derrick Favors. Joe Jesus. Jingles. Rodney Hood. Donovan Mitchell. Alec Burks. Ricky Rubio. Dante Exum. Raul Neto. Tony Bradley. Joel Bolomboy. And three guys that aren't on the team as of yet.

That's still a very solid team if healthy. I have faith in DL and Quin to put together a competitive roster moving forward. Still think we could make the playoffs this year - even if we give major minutes to the young guys. Get one of Rubio, Hood or Mitchell to break out and the Jazz will be in good shape moving forward.

He had a few game winners, notably against Lebron

Rudy Gobert. Derrick Favors. Joe Jesus. Jingles. Rodney Hood. Donovan Mitchell. Alec Burks. Ricky Rubio. Dante Exum. Raul Neto. Tony Bradley. Joel Bolomboy. And three guys that aren't on the team as of yet.

That's still a very solid team if healthy. I have faith in DL and Quin to put together a competitive roster moving forward. Still think we could make the playoffs this year - even if we give major minutes to the young guys. Get one of Rubio, Hood or Mitchell to break out and the Jazz will be in good shape moving forward.

Can we get past all the pointless name calling already? Like how he left or not he still spent some good years here and was a huge part of making us feel relevant again in the first place.

If he had stayed all these people calling him names would have been praising him. Sometimes you develop skills at your job and then you move on somewhere you feel is better for you.

I also think he botched the announcement but I think it was more of an inexperienced panic not knowing what to do and not to spite or hurt the jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They can try all they want. The boos will be loud when Boston comes to town next season.

I have no doubts we'll fix this ship very quick.

That has been my feeling from the start, and as fans we need to support the guys who do play for the Jazz and stop worrying about losing Hayward and who we can get to replace him. We aren't getting anyone, at least not now, even if it's Crowder, so let's focus on what we have and the potential they offer.

They can try all they want. The boos will be loud when Boston comes to town next season.

I think this is what they are trying to avoid. In the past it has been mentioned a few times by the company owned media.

Which I find interesting. The Jazz want to portray an image of family, they tell the fans the players are part of the community, then everyone wonders why Jazz fans treat players who leave like the ex-wife who just dumped you. It isn't a business it is family.

It makes no sense to other nba markets, particularly Boston, because they treat players like used cars.

Last edited:
I think this is what they are trying to avoid. In the past it has been mentioned a few times by the company owned media.

Which I find interesting. The Jazz want to portray an image of family, they tell the fans the players are part of the community, then everyone wonders why Jazz fans treat players who leave like the ex-wife who just dumped you. It isn't a business it is famil.

It makes no sense to other nba markets, particularly Boston, because they treat players like used cars.

Personally I think the right move is to swallow your pride, cheer the guy during introductions as a thank you and then boo him as loud as you can every time he touches the ball

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Full page ad in Des News and SL Trib

DEJFrzsVYAA6ZMH.jpg:large

Apparently Gail Miller sent Steve Starks the text the night of the 4th saying she would like to run a full-page ad thanking Gordon. She's a kinder person than I am!