What's new

Jazz: Thank you Gordon

I expect that every fan ragging on Hayward will turn down their next opportunity to improve their careers by moving to a different outfit to prove their loyalty to their current boss.

I expect that every fan ragging on Hayward will turn down their next opportunity to improve their careers by moving to a different outfit to prove their loyalty to their current boss.

I am sick of this analogy. I paid to get better at what I do by going to college. Since I have been working I have never had a developmental coach working at helping me out for my future.

Also if I was leaving, and decided to leave, I wouldn't lie about it when asked. If my boss found out I wouldn't lie to his face when he asked me.

Comparing free agents to normal employees is ridiculous. There are hundreds of people who could do my job. There was one guy who fit as well as he did in here.

Nice to see the Jazz showing some class. Good job!

I, on the other hand, am not magnanimous: I hope WetWilly throws his back out while moving furniture into his new Boston home, then spends the next 12 months in rehab.

Or, perhaps, give their current employer the curtesy of a standard, 2-week notice.

I wouldn't move to a different outfit if my current outfit did everything possible to develop me and make happy, we're offering more money and a better role at my job, and my current outfit surrounded me with better co-workers.

I am sick of this analogy. I paid to get better at what I do by going to college. Since I have been working I have never had a developmental coach working at helping me out for my future.

Also if I was leaving, and decided to leave, I wouldn't lie about it when asked. If my boss found out I wouldn't lie to his face when he asked me.

Comparing free agents to normal employees is ridiculous. There are hundreds of people who could do my job. There was one guy who fit as well as he did in here.

Bull roar. You have no way to know he lied about a thing. You are making that up because your poor little ego has been offended. He had a right to choose and he did and he did it in a fair manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't move to a different outfit if my current outfit did everything possible to develop me and make happy, we're offering more money and a better role at my job, and my current outfit surrounded me with better co-workers.

Yes you would if you decided the other situation suited you better. He had the freedom to make a personal decision on any criteria he wanted to. Heck maybe his wife just likes Boston better. Does not matter.

The lying being done here is by those who say they would turn down a better situation. None of you would. And you cannot dictate that criteria to anyone. Quit taking it so personally.

The lying being done here is by those who say they would turn down a better situation. None of you would. And you cannot dictate that criteria to anyone. Quit taking it so personally.

You seem an expert on riding Haywood's dick, are you sure you aren't Robyn?

Nah, there are lots of people who understand loyalty. Just because you are an entitled blow hard who thinks everybody else is just as flaky and unreliable as you are, doesn't mean it's the truth. It's all about character, and just because you and Haywood have weak character, doesn't mean that everybody else does.

Yes you would if you decided the other situation suited you better. He had the freedom to make a personal decision on any criteria he wanted to. Heck maybe his wife just likes Boston better. Does not matter.

Even then, I treat my previous employer better than haywood did.

I wouldn't turn down a better situation. Hayward did for whatever reason. And he turned down the better situation poorly.

I wouldn't turn down a better situation. Hayward did for whatever reason. And he turned down the better situation poorly.

That is your perception of a better situation not his. Do you have the right to dictate to him? Do you want others to dictate to you?

That is your perception of a better situation not his. Do you have the right to dictate to him? Do you want others to dictate to you?

Nope. But do I text my boss my decision. Do I let him/her find out about me leaving on Facebook or Twitter?

No, I sit down in the office (or at least pick up a device called a phone). Tell him/her that I got another opportunity. It's working for a mentor who I have tremendous respect for and has become a close friend. I thank my current employer, via phone or in person, for all they've done to develop me for my new company.

And THEN I post my decision on Social Media for my friends to see. AFTER I've 1) accepted the job offer from the new company and 2) told my current one I'm leaving.

If those were the only factors in life to base personal decisions on as to where to live and work, life would be so much easier.. He obviously had personal reasons.. ones that he chose to publicly state and ones that he chose to keep for himself, which is his right..

It's a different world entirely but when I was around that age, I quit a job because my 3 other coworkers who were being paid the same as me (I was being groomed to be their team leader) were cumulatively doing about the same output of work as me.
But they were pleasant enough that I didn't want to burn them as I left so I quoted other reasons for going.. Obviously not necessarily the same scenario..but just sayin..

Defend him all you want, but you can't say he handled this well, nor can you say his agent advised him well on how to handle it. Cold, Zman, very cold.

Um, yes

If Hayward goes back to rekindle his first love with Stevens - this suggests he was always likely to leave.

Shame on Jazz for not trading his *** before this time, and shame on Hayward for make believing that he might want his jersey retired in Utah. Greater self awareness (or honesty) would have saved the Jazz a helluva lot of heartache.

Hayward was a huge reason they didn't develop Exum further last year.
What a JOKE>>>>>>