What's new

Jazz throttle the Spurs at their place game thread

Especially given we are not going to use Bradleys size advantage on offense by posting him on smaller players.
quin needs to go back to his twin tower lineup. it'be very hard to do since we don't have favs anymore but we gotta try. can't let teams figure out this small ball gameplan against us.

What do we make of this?
Chalk it all up to schedule? Taking the ball out of Ingles hands running the offense?

Joe's gassed.

Was disinterested when on 2nd team before Mike's injury.

Was reinvigorated when put in the starting lineup.

Now he's just gassed.

teams basically figure out the winning formula against us now. just play small since we can't switch. we can't guard the perimeter. and we can't punish those smaller teams with rebounding/post scoring. glaring weakness on our roster. and an easy gameplan to target. just makes too much sense.
I think this is true in the regular season, but I wonder if the Jazz are able to game plan better once the post season starts.

All the more reason to experiment with Brantley and Morgan now imo.

quin needs to go back to his twin tower lineup. it'be very hard to do since we don't have favs anymore but we gotta try. can't let teams figure out this small ball gameplan against us.

No thanks. Our offense was **** when Favors and Rudy were on the floor together. Favors couldn't have guarded Derozen, Gordon or Ingram anyway and those guy's are the reason for our last 3 losses.

Joe's gassed.

Was disinterested when on 2nd team before Mike's injury.

Was reinvigorated when put in the starting lineup.

Now he's just gassed.
This is def the time of year for such a thing to happen. I hate to say it, but I think the Jazz should seriously consider load management for Joe after the all star break. We need him fresh for the post season--he remains the bellwether for this team.

No thanks. Our offense was **** when Favors and Rudy were on the floor together. Favors couldn't have guarded Derozen, Gordon or Ingram anyway and those guy's are the reason for our last 3 losses.
we don't guard them. we dominate the paint to force them out of their small lineups. of course the ideal solution would be adding better perimeter defenders to our team but if it doesn't happen, quin definitely needs to make his gameplan adjustment for small lineups

This is def the time of year for such a thing to happen. I hate to say it, but I think the Jazz should seriously consider load management for Joe after the all star break. We need him fresh for the post season--he remains the bellwether for this team.
There might be a few players gassed by the end of the season.

we don't guard them. we dominate the paint to force them out of their small lineups. of course the ideal solution would be adding better perimeter defenders to our team but if it doesn't happen, quin definitely needs to make his gameplan adjustment for small lineups

All I know is a twin tower lineup definitely isn't the answer, we tried that for several years and it just didn't work. There's a reason Favors is no longer on the team.

All I know is a twin tower lineup definitely isn't the answer, there's a reason Favors is no longer on the team.
As Ron Mexico often said though, it wasn't the favors/gobert lineup that was the problem necessarily. It was the favors/gobert/Rubio lineup that was the problem. 3 non shooters was the issue.
DM at point instead of Rubio might allow the favors/gobert lineup to work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

All I know is a twin tower lineup definitely isn't the answer, there's a reason Favors is no longer on the team.
and a reason why we still managed to finish with 50 wins+ 1st/2nd round in the playoffs with favs on the team.

and this season, we are still looking at a possible 50 win+1st/2nd round exit typa season. we basically took one step forward then one step backward.

nothing's changed unless we really focus on addressing our shortcomings instead of treading water.

As Ron Mexico often said though, it wasn't the favors/gobert lineup that was the problem necessarily. It was the favors/gobert/Rubio lineup that was the problem. 3 non shooters was the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
this, just adding bojan straight up onto this roster without making the conley trade would've resulted in a better result than we have right now.

I honestly don't think it would make much difference. Rubio missed games last year and Quin still played Favors and Rudy together as little as possible and never finished games with them both on the floor.

It's weird though right? I dunno. Maybe it's mostly to do with Ingles not working with bench units to start the year+being in a slump the last couple games. It's worth keeping an eye on though, especially once Conley starts again.
I think that’s it... I don’t know that Conley starts again... I’m sad

I think that’s it... I don’t know that Conley starts again... I’m sad
Man, same. The only reason I see Conley starting again is because the Jazz need him to be a difference maker if they want to seriously make some noise in the playoffs and he's shown little indication of doing that off the bench. But in doing so it throws what has been a great starting unit into doubt.

It's just a bummer man.

I honestly don't think it would make much difference. Rubio missed games last year and Quin still played Favors and Rudy together as little as possible and never finished games with them both on the floor.
with favs we at least have an option to go with bigger lineups. it still hurts us by having 0 true PF on this team.

Man, same. The only reason I see Conley starting again is because the Jazz need him to be a difference maker if they want to seriously make some noise in the playoffs and he's shown little indication of doing that off the bench. But in doing so it throws what has been a great starting unit into doubt.

It's just a bummer man.
I would be trying to trade him first. If we put him with the starters and he’s bad it will hurt those lineups and be a huge detriment to any remaining trade value he has. There is still a narrative where teams talk themselves into him bouncing back in a different situation.

I agree with some of the others that Joe has looked gassed the past few games, I think Rudy and Royce have looked a little tired the past couple of games as well. The starters have had to play a lot of minutes. The all star break will do us a world of good.