What's new

Jazz throttle the Spurs at their place game thread

Just a quick observation listening to the Spurs feed. Sean Elliot referred to Mike Conley as a great clutch player and said that the Jazz are lucky to have two clutch players in Mitchell and Conley. He said nothing about Bogey or anybody else, and only referred to Conley and Mitchell as our clutch players and the Jazz were lucky to have them. Just thought it was interesting that his perception based on years of announcing Spurs games involving Mike Conley Jr is so different from the perception of what seems to be the majority of posters on this board.

Like I was saying during the game, insane midrange shooting night for the Spurs. Really unlucky for the Jazz. Usually when they force that many midrange shots, they win

Wow, even Portland has a lot more firepower than the Jazz right now with Lillard, McCollum, Whiteside and Ariza. They beat the Rockets at home while Westbrook, Harden and Capela all played too. Impressive.

Not really. Our defense on a guy without a 3 point shot and our free throw shooting has been pretty clownish. And Clarkson and Conley sucked at shooting.

honestly man? they were confused, stupid late whistles, no one getting the last touch calls correct and no calls going our way. honestly we cost ourselves missing so many free throws.

Last edited:
I have somewhat major concerns about our defense but we’re still 8th in defensive efficiency and as demonstrated above, the Spurs were as hot as a team could be from mid-range. Basically, **** happens.

A win tonight would cure all.

The second half was where the calls went south... imo.

I don’t even think we played that bad... they made a lot of shots. We definitely didn’t play great but thought we were average on offense.

Those two fouls on Rudy were dumb in the first half. That fourth one is one they can call on any big almost anytime up the court.

LOL and yet fans were already bitching in the first half about the refs!