What's new

Jazz = Thugs?

They've done it once. We do the same thing every road game. It's pathetic.

Easy with that "we" ****. I never come on here bitching after a loss.

Edit: Also there is a big difference between fans on a message board and the owner and coach of a proffesional team.

Bro, this was something like the third game in a row where either Carlisle or Cuban has whined about the refs.

Well, yeah, Cuban often does. Once was hyperbole. I just get tired of many fans here blaming the refs very, VERY often. Find a way to win in spite of the refs and Ty's ineptitude.

Well, yeah, Cuban often does. Once was hyperbole. I just get tired of many fans here blaming the refs very, VERY often. Find a way to win in spite of the refs and Ty's ineptitude.

All fan bases bitch about refs, the ones with lots of trophies cry the hardest when things don't go their way.

As far as players, they all bitch too. The guys who get the most favorable calls typically are a little better at coaching up the refs. Unintentional humor aside, it's hard to see a point in your post.

All fan bases bitch about refs, the ones with lots of trophies cry the hardest when things don't go their way.

As far as players, they all bitch too. The guys who get the most favorable calls typically are a little better at coaching up the refs. Unintentional humor aside, it's hard to see a point in your post.

This is such a copout. Yes, all fan bases bitch and moan about the refs here or there. It's gonna happen. But to suggest they all do it as much as many posters do here loss after loss, their pitiful Jazz inferiority complexes shining through, is more than intellectually dishonest. As a fellow fan, it's a bit embarrassing too.

As far as your comment on the players, I don't disagree.

NBA refereeing is probably the single most damaging wart on the league's integrity. It's worse than the ridiculous soft cap.

And no, JF does not whine any more than any other fan base. Internet fans exist to complain whether it's about their players, coaches, FO, ownership, arena, cheerleaders, referees, nachos, other fans, etc.

You are a shining example of the incredible volume of text published around the world with the sole purpose of letting everyone know how much you hate something or someone.

*Not that this behavior makes you or the next guy a bad poster necessarily, but the irony watching you sneer at fans who complain about their own pet peeve is amusing.

NBA refereeing is probably the single most damaging wart on the league's integrity. It's worse than the ridiculous soft cap.

And no, JF does not whine any more than any other fan base. Internet fans exist to complain whether it's about their players, coaches, FO, ownership, arena, cheerleaders, referees, nachos, other fans, etc.

You are a shining example of the incredible volume of text published around the world with the sole purpose of letting everyone know how much you hate something or someone.

*Not that this behavior makes you or the next guy a bad poster necessarily, but the irony watching you sneer at fans who complain about their own pet peeve is amusing.

Haha, okay.

What I saw last night is the Mavs started pushing and we pushed back. And they didn't like it. Glad to see we don't back down.

As far as refs go, it would be so easy to throw a game calling legitimate calls. The game of basketball is very fast paced, and there are opportunites to call fouls or violations (carrying the ball, 3 seconds, etc). all the time (almost every possession). They key is to call it fairly on both sides and not make the entire game about whistles. I have seen games where I know the refs were biased one way (not Jazz games where I'm sure I have to much bias to make an objective judgment--I do know Dallas got screwed in the finals a few years ago against Miami...).

With that said, did anyone else think Burks had an 8 second violation bringing the ball up the court last night? I noticed the shot clock was down to 16 when he was crossing the midcourt.

Hopefully players and Coaches continue to call us thugs. This is the reputation we had back when we had Stockton and Malone. More often then not we got the benefit of the calls, it seems the more aggressive teams get most of the calls there way.

It is an underhanded compliment, for sure. Carlisle is almost certainly going to berate his players in private while sticking up for them in print.

I'll add that it hardly counts when you can't get a ring either. Ya know, like Carlisle has. Quit crying like little bitches Utah fans. Jordan hit the shot nearly 15 years ago.
WTF are you talking about?

Carlisle would have never got a ring in the Jordan era either.