What's new

Jazz to hold training camp in Las Vegas

oneye

2018 Award Winner

Likely a good idea but when coupled with comments like this:

I'm not sure why I even cheer for these out of touch babies who don't even like the people they play for. I'm so sorry you have to get paid hundreds of millions of dollars to play the game of basketball in a city that doesn't meet your every desire.

Likely a good idea but when coupled with comments like this:

I'm not sure why I even cheer for these out of touch babies who don't even like the people they play for. I'm so sorry you have to get paid hundreds of millions of dollars to play the game of basketball in a city that doesn't meet your every desire.

Lmao at that last paragraph.

I could ask you a similar question about why you post on a message board about a team you have so much contempt for.

I expect this training camp is far more important for Forrest and the new guys to get integrated. Don't care if the camp is in Vegas.

I expect this training camp is far more important for Forrest and the new guys to get integrated. Don't care if the camp is in Vegas.
A lot of teams host training camps outside the city they play in. The idea is that it's suppose to encourage the team to be together more.

I think the Jazz doing it in Vegas is a sign they really trust their team to be mature, but also of course they are catering to the wants/desires of guys who want to have some extra fun as well.

Also keep in mind a lot of these guys spend a good amount of time in Utah training at the facilities in the off-season. It's nice to change it up so they dont grow tired of constantly being in Utah.

I'm not sure why anyone is against this. Sending it offsite gives it a company retreat type of feel. Might be good/bad/nothing. I'm not going to read anything into it.

I'm not sure why anyone is against this. Sending it offsite gives it a company retreat type of feel. Might be good/bad/nothing. I'm not going to read anything into it.
Yeah but we haven’t done it since 2009. That’s 12 years. Our star power wanted it in Vegas. You know who owns property in Vegas? Trump. You know where Trump is from? New York. You know who else is from New York? That’s right… James Dolan.

1632176517996.jpeg

Sounds fun. Wish my company would send me on a retreat.

Last paragraph actually made me laugh. Some people need to touch some grass every now and then.

Also keep in mind a lot of these guys spend a good amount of time in Utah training at the facilities in the off-season. It's nice to change it up so they dont grow tired of constantly being in Utah.
I know one specific guy, actually the only guy on the roster, who spends zero time here now, including in all those facilities, outside the required of course. Nice to see Rudy back in SLC though. I only hold contempt to the main diva *** drama queen on the team who feels his every need and desire need to be catered to. Most everyone else is just meh. I’ll hold less contempt once the loser is gone.