What's new

Jazz trade Fonteccio to Pistons for 2024 2nd

The issue is that when you got an older guy like Simone on his bargain contract you become spoiled.

Nazir LIttle got paid 28/4 and he never showed to be half the player Simone is.

By the way, I never said that the ONLY reason he got time was to boost his trade value. If he wasn’t performing well he would have stayed on the bench, obviously. But if you are completely dismissing trade value as a factor, I would say that while you are entitled to your opinion, no one knows the conversations between coaching and general management.

Super naive.

Coaches who don’t follow the overarching front office strategy have short careers.
There is a very good chance that management and Hardy aren't exactly seeing eye to eye when it comes to minutes and player development. The front office has to think multiple steps in advance so they would like as much information as possible on certain players because it directly impacts future movement. There is no way that they are happy with Walker and Ochai getting inconsistent minutes and Hendricks getting no rotation minutes. They need as much information as possible on those 3 guys because future moves may be based on what or what not those guys can or can't do. I know I'm a broken record on this subject but it's the truth.

I'm fairly sure that was a large part of the trade, plus the 2nd being essentialy a late 1st and the rights on a player the Jazz are supposedly high on. I think the value was high for Simone and Utah needed to bite.
For sure. Also we dont yet know what else the FO has lined up and whether those assets are gonna be held or not.

There is a very good chance that management and Hardy aren't exactly seeing eye to eye when it comes to minutes and player development. The front office has to think multiple steps in advance so they would like as much information as possible on certain players because it directly impacts future movement. There is no way that they are happy with Walker and Ochai getting inconsistent minutes and Hendricks getting no rotation minutes. They need as much information as possible on those 3 guys because future moves may be based on what or what not those guys can or can't do.
If management cared that much about Walker's minutes they woudlnt have acquired John Collins....

15 million dollars is roughly 10% of the cap.

6'8 player with two way ability and high level spot up shooting with some motion ability.

The only way you can say he isnt worth that money is that he doesnt have enough proof of his level of play for multiple seasons.
My friend... you told us that THT was worth 4/80M.

Simone will get between the taxpayer MLE and the MLE. Doubt he gets full MLE but that is his ceiling unless its a one year overpay like Bruce Brown.

There is a very good chance that management and Hardy aren't exactly seeing eye to eye when it comes to minutes and player development. The front office has to think multiple steps in advance so they would like as much information as possible on certain players because it directly impacts future movement. There is no way that they are happy with Walker and Ochai getting inconsistent minutes and Hendricks getting no rotation minutes. They need as much information as possible on those 3 guys because future moves may be based on what or what not those guys can or can't do. I know I'm a broken record on this subject but it's the truth.

Agree. There is always tension. But at a certain level if a coach is undermining the long term strategy of the CEO, something has to give.

I am guessing/tea leaf reading... Grimes is headed to Utah and that is part of the reason Simone was moved for good value.

Sometimes my tea leaf reading is good... sometimes it leads to down payment theory... yall have been warned.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!!!

Gabriele Procida is our Tomic 2.0!

And we get a fringe 1st and Kevin Knox. I said we need to buy low!

Knox gets a lot of hate. Don't be surprised if he has some good games for us. He's not as offensively bad as a lot of people claim.

From what I saw Lauri was somewhat successful playing the 3 in Cleveland but he had 2 defensive bigs in Allen/Mobley to make up for any defensive deficiencies he had on the perimeter.
Yeah, he was pretty much asked to just funnel his guys into the help. Still, let's not go there.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!!!

Gabriele Procida is our Tomic 2.0!

And we get a fringe 1st and Kevin Knox. I said we need to buy low!

Knox gets a lot of hate. Don't be surprised if he has some good games for us. He's not as offensively bad as a lot of people claim.
Kevin Knox is actually worse than people claim.

Uh oh. Kevin Knox can't be traded until Feb 8th...I bet this puts all the Danny/JZ trade dreams on hold.....Or it can all blow up. Time for the popcorn. For all who want to keep Simone, now is your time to cry and make noise so Danny hears you.

Last edited:
So Simone apparently "didn't fit our timeline". He just turned 28.

What timeline is that again?

Gabriele Procida is 21. Keyonte George and Taylor Hendricks and Brice Sensabaugh are 20.

Lauri Markkanen will be 27 in a few months.

So remind me... what is the timeline?

People have a really warped idea of Tec's value, probably because he spent some time at the end of the bench and out of the rotation.

For some reason everyone seems to be fine with the idea of resigning Kris Dunn, a guy who literally dropped out of the NBA and is the same age as Tec.
Dunn is more valuable than Tec. He's borderline an all defensive team player. He'd be a lock for that slot if he were playing for the Lakers.