What's new

Jazz tried desperately to trade up to get Cousins

margodydek

Chad Ford on the B.S. Report and was saying that KOC and the Jazz were trying desperately to work out a deal to move up. They tried to work out a deal with NJ and wanted to get Cousins.

Chad Ford on the B.S. Report and was saying that KOC and the Jazz were trying desperately to work out a deal to move up. They tried to work out a deal with NJ and wanted to get Cousins.

If true it makes me feel a little bit better. At least they knew what we needed if we had the 3rd pick.

Chad Ford also said the Jazz were being very "creative" in their attempts. Not sure what all that entails, but I would guss it involved trading anyone not named "Deron" and "Paul" and probably a future pick. Looking at our assets, there really isn't alot we could've offered NJ to really entice them to drop 6-spots.
Their interest in Monroe, Cousins over Favors and passing on Ed Davis, to me it looks like the Jazz were only looking for a center (who could also play PF) and not purely a PF.

Well we obviously didnt come to an agreement, so they wouldnt of drafted Cousins.

Boozer would have had to accept such an arrangement, which would have been illegal under the CBA. Or the Jazz could have stupid enough to offer something they didn't have, which is obviously not the case.

Boozer would have had to accept such an arrangement, which would have been illegal under the CBA. Or the Jazz could have stupid enough to offer something they didn't have, which is obviously not the case.
Darkwing is right about a true S&T not being legal because Boozer couldn't legally negotiate with New Jersey until July 1. This is why you can discount just about any proposed draft pick trade that involves a S&T.

The only legal way to do this on draft day was if Boozer would accept an extension from the Jazz, then be traded, but that would require him to take less money than he probably thinks he can make.

Chad Ford was saying that they wanted to unload some hefty contracts (Harris, Yi) on us and economically we just couldn't make it work.

So I guess they didn't want AK. Shocking how Jazz fans overrate the expiring of AK. Besides the Jazz probably veto moving AK. I would be pissed if they passed a chance to get Cousins simply because they wanted to hold onto AK. Who knows? I certainly would like more details. How bad is Harris and Yi contracts?

Harris destroyed D Will and the Jazz. I would go nuts for a Harris and D Will back court. As for Yi, he averaged 14 10 and 2 blocks the last month. He had like 6 or more games were he scored 20 or more and 6 games with 12 or more rebounds. At the worst, he would give us length, athleticism and some blocking. He was injured last year twice but really blossomed at times last year