What's new

Jazz v. Suns -- tipping now...

Not a Jazz jersey in sight.

Ridiculous play, Rudy wasn't even guarding Oubre, he followed his own guy past the basket. Conley just let his guy go around him and then failed to switch onto Oubre who was all alone for the dunk. Conley was wandering around in a daze not guarding anyone. just comical that the Suns announcer said that dunk was "in the face of Gobert". how many guys do they expect Rudy to guard?!

Ridiculous play, Rudy wasn't even guarding Oubre, he followed his own guy past the basket. Conley just let his guy go around him and then failed to switch onto Oubre who was all alone for the dunk. Conley was wandering around in a daze not guarding anyone. just comical that the Suns announcer said that dunk was "in the face of Gobert". how many guys do they expect Rudy to guard?!
Conley just ignored the aftermath of it too. It would have been nice to see a little fight in him.

For those yearning for last season...we're still on pace for more wins this year

I had to check. I figured you were rightb but it didn't feel right.

Jazz will need to finish better than 14-11 to beat last season's record.

Conley just ignored the aftermath of it too. It would have been nice to see a little fight in him.
He’s never gotten a technical... like ever... people say it like it’s a good thing but to me it means he’s never stuck his neck out for a teammate like Jae or Trevor Booker would... he’s never gotten so fed up with a ref he’s just let loose on him...

I had to check. I figured you were rightb but it didn't feel right.

Jazz will need to finish better than 14-11 to beat last season's record.
That sounds damn near impossible right now.

Rudy looked pretty pissed that Donovan didn't get him the ball when he had that little guy guarding him.

What's with the attitude, Rudy? Not like you would've taken advantage of that matchup. Maybe learn ONE back to the basket move and then your teammates will trust your clumsy a$$.

He should be pissed... they miss him on that duck in 10 times a night... Bojan tried to throw it once but was like two seconds late. Then 2/3 times a game I see DM getting loud with Rudy about something on the pick and roll... like he’s actually gonna try and pass it to him. They want all the dirty work done for they lazy asses but don’t want to throw a bone here and there. We make 10 stupid turnovers a game... let’s have a few of them throwing it to him on the switch.

Few random observations...

The turn it over out of every timeout thing is crazy and annoying... maybe use a challenge at some point and save a timeout turnover.

Ricky threw a pass from half court that wasn’t high enough to be a lob pass... he threw it down the middle of the court to the middle of the paint when the defense was set... that ****ing pass would be picked off about 90% of the time on a pickup ball court... like 4 jazz players could have gotten a hand on it... it went through cleanly for an oubre dunk. Just shows how little guys care to play for one another right now.

DM had some really bad defensive moments... Bojan too... mike fouled Ricky Rubio going over a screen trying to contest a three off the dribble...

Near the end of the first we had like 6 possessions in a row where guys were visibly engaged defensively... in passing lanes and making rotations... it resulted in turnovers and a lead... it went completely away... WTF

Near the end of the first we had like 6 possessions in a row where guys were visibly engaged defensively... in passing lanes and making rotations... it resulted in turnovers and a lead... it went completely away... WTF

I noticed this too and it drove me nuts the whole game. At the start of the second quarter our effort and energy just completely disappeared and we never got it back the entire game.

Last edited:

Quin also can’t go blameless here... play some different dudes... I watched Morgan make a great switch off a pick and shut down a baseline drive from Oubre and knock the ball away... he generally makes the right play and is on time and has more ability to bother dudes but we insist on playing the walking And 1.... make a damn change!

Quin also can’t go blameless here... play some different dudes... I watched Morgan make a great switch off a pick and shut down a baseline drive from Oubre and knock the ball away... he generally makes the right play and is on time and has more ability to bother dudes but we insist on playing the walking And 1.... make a damn change!
He also knows his best lineups but rather than having the balls to bring mike or joe off the bench he gives up this great lineup configuration for a terrible one rather than massaging it so that the lineup is limited. It’s dumb AF... like the current starting lineup has some magic up its sleeve that will become this juggernaut in the playoffs. You think a coach like Nick Nurse would continue dicking around with this **** or would he go try to win?

We’re talking the team needs a leader? Um... isn’t that what Snyder is there for? HE needs to step up because something is clearly not working. I only saw the extended highlights - WHERE WAS CONLEY? I saw him in a couple of plays in the first Q and that’s about it. Seriously. It’s getting ridiculous.

You want to have a chance at a championship? Then unless you have a stacked team that has no chance of losing, then YOU - the coach - need to have that something special - Jerry Sloan, Pop, Phil Jackson - at some point it truly becomes all about the coach. Does he have that something SPECIAL? Will he be LEGENDARY? Does he have what it takes to somehow be able to elevate the players to new heights?

Everyone’s too nice. DM. Rudy. Joe. There’s no accountability. And Snyder? He’s trying too hard to have his players LIKE him. He needs to start getting nasty. Like Sloan. And Jackson and Pop. Because like any other business... it starts at the top.

Going forward , what do we do for the rest of the season ?

Id go with Gobert - Morgan - Bojan - Clarkson - Mitchell

Ingles is on empty ... Ingles and Bojan can’t be on the floor together defensively... Morgan has been quite good , I like him.

Conley is done

Going forward , what do we do for the rest of the season ?

Id go with Gobert - Morgan - Bojan - Clarkson - Mitchell

Ingles is on empty ... Ingles and Bojan can’t be on the floor together defensively... Morgan has been quite good , I like him.

I'm sorry but this is just not a good idea at all. Clarkson is perfect off the bench because he gives us scoring that we desperately need. Remember how completely awful our bench was offensively before we acquired him? I also don't think Clarkson, Mitchell and Bogey could co-exist offensively, there wouldn't be enough touches to keep them all happy. As for Morgan, I would like to see him get some minutes, maybe take Bradley's as our backup 5, but there is no way in hell he's ready to be a starter and play significant minutes.

Last edited:
We’re talking the team needs a leader? Um... isn’t that what Snyder is there for? HE needs to step up because something is clearly not working. I only saw the extended highlights - WHERE WAS CONLEY? I saw him in a couple of plays in the first Q and that’s about it. Seriously. It’s getting ridiculous.

You want to have a chance at a championship? Then unless you have a stacked team that has no chance of losing, then YOU - the coach - need to have that something special - Jerry Sloan, Pop, Phil Jackson - at some point it truly becomes all about the coach. Does he have that something SPECIAL? Will he be LEGENDARY? Does he have what it takes to somehow be able to elevate the players to new heights?

Everyone’s too nice. DM. Rudy. Joe. There’s no accountability. And Snyder? He’s trying too hard to have his players LIKE him. He needs to start getting nasty. Like Sloan. And Jackson and Pop. Because like any other business... it starts at the top.

Yeah, I agree, good post. I do like guys with a little grit to em, part of what I like about Clarkson, kid's a warrior. Remember what happened before we went on our last big run, yeah they got a junk yard dog in Clarkson, but they also got rid of two goldbrickers - Exum and especially Jeff Green. Why can't they do that again and bring in another dog like possibly Udoh, why doesn't Charlotte release Biyombo - he'd be perfect, truth is, I'd even settle for Dion Waiters another big wing at this point. Anything to shake things up, hell give me 50 year old Nene, he used to lay some people out. No more Mr. Nice Guy - Shake it up Snyder!

First of all, without rudy, this team would give up 150+ per game.

Secondly, delete your account.
In 2020, many nights we give up 125+ with Rudy. Even with Rudy, we aren't a good defensive team. I think it's because the model with Rudy doesnt work as well as we think. We can't guard small teams. That's the NBA come playoff time.

I don't want to trade Gobert, but it's a smart move. We need to play chess instead of checkers. I pushed trading AK and we never did. I said trade Hayward and we never did. I loudly argued against Conley. Sometimes, you do the unpopular thing. You strike at a time when least expected.

Gobert is at his peak at a bargain number. His value this summer is high. As a team, we don't work. I think we get embarrassed come playoff time (like we have the last two years). Its not Rudy's fault, but the on court plan is to rely on Rudy to dictate the offense through screening and dictate the defense through rim protection. It's a weird combination of relying on a guy too much. He doesnt have the offensive skill to compliment the screen roll well enough and he lacks the perimeter defense against playoff sized opponents.

We live in this world where we play average defense as to funnel play towards our shot blocker. It doesn't work like that anymore. I think we would be a better team guarding our opponents straight up and give up the occasional 2 than this funnel method getting killed by the 3.

It's unpopular, but trading Gobert might make sense.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Can’t believe I’m gonna lose my O53.5. Will probably lose what size have at O52.5 too.

Can’t wait for off-season when Zanik blames the underwhelming season on Conley’s injuries and how we were never able to fully develop chemistry with him.

**** this team.

Nothing but depression here.

This roster is talented af but flawed.

Are we going to take an honest look at who we are and what the problems are.

I would suggest a radical line up shift. Lets be honest about who needs to go.