Jazz vs. Bucks tonight

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Watcher, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

1. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I agree with this. He hasn't shown he can make an impact on the game, but I don't think too many third string centers do. He doesn't look completely out of place on an NBA floor, but isn't someone we want to have to rely on for meaningful minutes. So he gets a very solid "meh."

I don't know wtf was up with Royce. This game was a dumpster fire from the jump for a lot of players that we know are better than they showed tonight.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 11:49 PM
    Handlogten's Heros likes this.
  2. Release the Kraken

Release the Kraken Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I like what Snyder's doing, patiently looking at what he's got on the roster, resisting the temptation to go for the glory now and show his hand before the last draw and the chips are all down. Not worried a bit, lots of positives including Davis, Green, Bradley, Brantley and Howard - gotta give that last spot to Howard! Bogey and Conley gonna be just fine. In retrospect, not sure if we missed Gobert or Jingles most tonight.

3. Release the Kraken

Release the Kraken Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2016
    So we got blown out in a meaningless preseason game against the team with the best regular season record last year and with two of our best players on the bench. Why people acting like this was a "real" game?

4. jom2003

jom2003 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2014
    man, hope Bojan's contract doesn't come back and haunt us in a couple of years, especially with all those salary cap drop rumors...

5. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    There’s never been a Quin-coached team that started fast.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  6. jjscap

jjscap Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Well, Bud always kicks Q's butt. And he doesn't need elite players either. Most of you should remember a tanking ATL coached by Bud swept the season series vs a strong Jazz team too.

Overall I think this is an embarrassing L that may still be helpful in the long run.

And I wrote here the day Boj signed with the Jazz, and I will again: We have to be patient with him. I know him from his Euro career... I'd not call him inconsistent but he needs to find his place first after some ups and down and then he'll not look back.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 1:53 PM
  7. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Dude I'm basing it on the last few years and no he isn't an nba talent, he couldn't make it on another nba team. Read what other people are posting about him here, he is barely an end of the bench guy, our rookies are already way better than him.

8. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Not really

9. Et tu Brute

Et tu Brute Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    That is not big - relatively

fishonjazz likes this.
  10. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    As average as always.

11. UB

UB 100% certified ****boii Contributor

May 26, 2010
    My 4 month old daughter had her vaccinations yesterday, so her poo is radioactive and I slept like 17 minutes last night

Et tu Brute, jope and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  12. UB

May 26, 2010

Side note, does anyone still call it "smoking bud?" I don't partake but in middle school this is what the cool kids called it. Those cool kids prb now work at Kohls but still..."I got some bud, wanna listen to 311 and play Tony Hawk" is pretty ****ing cool to me still

Gameface, NAOS and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  13. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    I don't think so.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

14. UB

May 26, 2010
    :(

fishonjazz likes this.
  15. Watcher

Watcher Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Yeah, I was hoping for better from Royce. But the whole team struggled so I'll give him a break.

16. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I’m afraid we’re going to have to be patient with the defense.

fishonjazz likes this.
  17. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    Milwaukee is a tough matchup for us especially without Rudy. Didn't help that we couldn't throw it in the ocean. I wish Royce would just shoot the three rather than catch, pump fake, and go. He's quick on straight line drives but doesn't have much wiggle, so leads to charges, travels, stepping on the out of bounds line.

It was disappointing but it may take this team a little bit to figure things out. Davis and Bradley setting screens and rolling should help us appreciate how damned good Rudy is on offense. Neither guy really set great picks and the defense was completely unconcerned with them rolling. That is a different story when Rudy is out there.

I'm not really concerned other than if we have to play a lot of non-Rudy minutes. NWG looks passable as a backup pg in a 6-8 minute a night role. Howard looks interesting... Oni too... Brantley looks like he could be a monster once he figures out what is going on out there. He had lots of mental lapses, but he guarded Giannis well... stood him up on a drive and ripped the ball from him on a rebound. I kind of wish we had given him the 3/4 year non-guaranteed contract instead of a two way. Backend of the roster has some interesting dudes... high five to Zanik.

NAOS likes this.
  18. Handlogten's Heros

Jun 13, 2014
    Mike looked a little rusty. I thought Bojan was solid guarding Middleton one on one... he had some lapses. Ed has me a little worried. He's been a turnstyle and guys seem unafraid of him at the rim. Not everyone has a lopez or a Giannis though, so that might be it. He's also a vet so he could be on that pre-season chill mode. I think he can be better against backups. I think I saw an interview that he is really vocal on defense, but that he was calling everything by the wrong names... so I think there will be a learning curve.

Also, I miss Favors.

19. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    What if we could combine Ed with Udoh?

20. Handlogten's Heros

Jun 13, 2014
    Again... why do people use these powers on backup centers? I was thinking in the other thread we need Brantley to combine with Niang. Really we should be focusing on combining Rudy with Steph Curry or some ****.

I think Ed will be fine... the core of our defensive system is to funnel the drivers to Rudy... long term having a bigger body with some rim presence as a backup might be a good idea. I'd also support the idea of getting a guy that can shoot 3s from the 5 if we couldn't get a rim protector... at least gives a different look.