What's new

Jazz vs Nuggets

Niang would average 40 a game if he played for Phoenix or Chicago... so much garbage time.

Udoh really made me think tonight... we’ve been spoiled with Favs as backup center.

I think he will be better when he knows he’s gonna play but man it was ugly.

The same could be said of 95% of rookies in the league. Especially a later pick and a g leaguer. Give them time, especially Allen. He has athleticism and bbiq. Just needs time

allen would be playing 15-20 min a game on alot of teams who were drafting in his range (even more on tanking/crappier teams). jazz are competing for a higher playoff seed and just haven't been able to afford him the time/leash to get regular/comfortable minutes which is understandable to some degree. he's had 6 guards/wings in front of him all season. was always going to be damn near impossible/huge uphill climb to get any regular minutes from the moment he got drafted. he's shown plenty of flashes offensively and has drastically improved defensively. he just needs consistent minutes.

Always a great feeling to beat the Nuggets.

Huge win for our confidence.

Jae's 4 pt plays were mind blowing.
Donovan looking the star he was last year.
Rubio played well in his limited time.
Ingles would make one hell of a 6th man on a championship team.

Udoh really made me think tonight... we’ve been spoiled with Favs as backup center.

I wanted to point out that we started with Favors on Jokic (probably because Favors is stronger than Gobert and can hold him off and slow him down alone in the post more easily. For the 5 something minutes Favors was on Jokic he had a grand total of 0 points, 1 rebound(defensive) and 0 assists. Favors was not giving him ANYTHING(and we were leading by 8 in that stint). I think Quin's plan was working great. Until Favors decided to do whatever it is that he wanted to do there. That was very poor judgement on his part, especially knowing how important he was to the team in this specific matchup.

This is very uncharacteristic for Favs so I'm very willing to forgive and forget that one. I hope he realizes he's still very important to the team.

Ya udoh wont typically be that bad. Plus if we were to trade favors that would mean we get someone good for him added to the team and we could always pick up a tyson chandler/nene level player to back up rudy.
And again, we just beat the #2 team in the west without favors.

We would however be in trouble if rudy were to go down. Of course that would be the case even if we have favors.

This was the highlight of the game for me. I love how amped Donovan gets after this play, the absolute joyful intensity he plays with is one of the things that really sets him apart imo.

So much better than the hateful intensity of a guy like westbrook. Basketball should be fun.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

He's very intense and very competitive in a nasty way on the floor. I'm not sure we are justified in calling him a "hateful young man"...
He seems to always be mad. Even when things are going his way. Hell, he seems to get angrier the better he and his team are playing. That's stupid imo. Basketball should be fun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Mitchell is playing with great intensity not only on offense. His defense has definitely taken an uptick this year. Just watch him off-ball and on screen actions on the weakside. He is fighting through every screen and sometimes blowing up plays before they've even started.

Also... about Denver. They are horrible defending the 3. We are getting wide open 3s on simple pindowns and flare outs. NBA is crazy about them but IMO they are very beatable. If I had to choose any team to play against in the 1st round from the home teams right now, I am choosing Denver quite easily. For as good as Jokic is offensively he's so easily explotable on defense. It's not even funny. Can you imagine what Quin will do to him with a week of preparation. This has the potential to be a massacre. At least on one end of the floor.

How is it possible that I still can’t stand the Nuggets even when they don’t have Kmart Lips, JR Smith, and Melo?

Jokic is a hell of a player but those elbows... and the flopping... and the nonstop complaining to the refs?

I hope they drop to the 8th seed and get swept by the Warriors.