What's new

Jazz vs Pacers | Wednesday December 1st @ 7:00pm

The way that the Jazz have been playing on the road, I almost wish that all of their games on away from home. However, they've gotten their home swagger back recently. The Pacers have been good recently so don't overlook them. With that said, I think that the Jazz can dominate inside; regardless of how Hibbert has been playing.

I see Collison being a problem for Deron defensively, Granger a problem for everyone defensively, and Hibbert being a problem for Jefferson on both sides of the floor. That's not good. Pacers are playing well, but I'm not sure the Jazz have prioritized this game and/or have the scouting report up-to-date. Tarp game indeed.

The Jazz have the tools and some advantages of their own they'll need to effectively neutralize some of Indy's strengths. It will be good to put Bell on Granger at times to see how Granger responds to physical D because that's he got shut down last year. Rotating AK (impressive size, athleticism, length, and instincts) and Bell (physical, savvy, a flopper from hell) on Granger is about the most you could possibly throw at him as far as matchups are concerned. Hibbert vs. Jefferson intrigues me since neither have proven consistent, but while Jefferson should have a speed and strength advantage, I don't think he has the speed and he's played very soft for the vast majority of his time here. I think he's changing that, but we'll see. Deron should put Collison to task on every possession offensively since there's a chance he might get burned defensively. He needs to make the Pacers pay for having someone that weak/small assigned to guard him. Lots of hesitation moves/headfakes to get Collison a little off-balance and getting into the lane, UCLA cuts into post-ups, stuff that Collison just doesn't have the strength to guard against.

The Jazz can win this one and they'd better since I'll be there. My lady is from Indy and knows their radio-guy, so he gets us nice seats every time the Pacers come through. Score.

I could see Collison burning us for a career night. Deron has trouble with guards like that-- I'm pretty sure we lost once last year against the Hornets when Collison was their starter.

Having said that, if the bench gives us their 30+ again, I think we'll end up with the W.

I see Collison being a problem for Deron defensively, Granger a problem for everyone defensively, and Hibbert being a problem for Jefferson on both sides of the floor. That's not good. Pacers are playing well, but I'm not sure the Jazz have prioritized this game and/or have the scouting report up-to-date. Tarp game indeed.

The Jazz have the tools and some advantages of their own they'll need to effectively neutralize some of Indy's strengths. It will be good to put Bell on Granger at times to see how Granger responds to physical D because that's he got shut down last year. Rotating AK (impressive size, athleticism, length, and instincts) and Bell (physical, savvy, a flopper from hell) on Granger is about the most you could possibly throw at him as far as matchups are concerned. Hibbert vs. Jefferson intrigues me since neither have proven consistent, but while Jefferson should have a speed and strength advantage, I don't think he has the speed and he's played very soft for the vast majority of his time here. I think he's changing that, but we'll see. Deron should put Collison to task on every possession offensively since there's a chance he might get burned defensively. He needs to make the Pacers pay for having someone that weak/small assigned to guard him. Lots of hesitation moves/headfakes to get Collison a little off-balance and getting into the lane, UCLA cuts into post-ups, stuff that Collison just doesn't have the strength to guard against.

The Jazz can win this one and they'd better since I'll be there. My lady is from Indy and knows their radio-guy, so he gets us nice seats every time the Pacers come through. Score.

I agree for the most part with this. I do think that AK should be the primary defender on Granger. AK does fine unless he is sneaking off to help someone else on D... and his guy slides off for an open shot.

I think we have this game, mainly because our D has been good lately. Granger can get his....as long as it takes him a ton of shots to get them.

I could see Collison burning us for a career night. Deron has trouble with guards like that-- I'm pretty sure we lost once last year against the Hornets when Collison was their starter.

Having said that, if the bench gives us their 30+ again, I think we'll end up with the W.

I also think throwing our 2 backup points out there while he is still on the floor might annoy him, and tire him out a little bit to make it easier on Deron when he comes in. The beauty of fast and tenacious backup points.

NUMBERICA at home: https://www.nba.com/jazz/mascot/bearvideos_pg1.html
(third video down, "Bear on Love")

These jinx rules are becoming too complicated to just memorize. I should start writing them down.

Indiana playing well lately could be a very tough game. Hibbert probably most improved player. Could be a game for Fes to step up. This is the type of big guy that Fes can usually do a good job in guarding. Hopefully his subluxation has improved.

You have absolutely no idea what "my line" is.

Your job is to tell Dawny that his comment does not matter because we are not playing there, in this case Indiana.
So all these times you have been played, and were not in on it?

Nice job Dawny.