What's new

Jazz vs Pacers | Wednesday December 1st @ 7:00pm

DW amazing with 15 assists and 0 TOs to this point.

Kudos to Sloan for going to Fesenko when Elson did OK but not great. Fes with 6 RBs (3 ORB) in the same # of minutes as FE.

But Jerry, there is REALLY no reason to play Bell and let Hayward rot. Utah is up by 18 or 19. We've heard this song before. Put Hayward in, for Pete's sake. Give him some valuable minutes. This team is deep, but not so deep to sacrifice anyone.

They said on TV that Elson had an inner-ear problem and had to leave at halftime.

I agree on Hayward though.

They said on TV that Elson had an inner-ear problem and had to leave at halftime.

I agree on Hayward though.
Well, then, Sloan is still letting injuries and fouls (and age, as per Hayward) play a big role in deciding his rotations.

Indiana just went 11 deep on its lineup. Time for Utah to do the same (about 5 minutes ago); the outcome of the game isn't even in question, not that such a lead (or deficit) should be necessary for giving players key development time.

The incremental benefit of giving Hayward 5 minutes instead of zero is greater than the incremental benefit of giving Earl Watson 20 minutes instead of 15. (The same can probably said for Fes over Jefferson.)

Update: Hayward is seeing the floor, albeit with mere crumbs of minutes left. It would have been unfortunate if Elder Hayward hadn't been able to play against the team that he grew up emulating (especiallly Reggie Miller), especially when it's a no-risk proposition.

Great to see Evans get the Alley-Oop slam, and Hayward to knock down that three. Was a great game for the jazz tonight.

D-Will was sick. Can't get tired of D-Will dominating the league.
Evans in with enough time for another oop from Watson. Wonderful.
Glad Hayward hit that 3. It is hard to build confidence on only a couple minutes a game, but a shot like that has got to help.
Loving Al's game. This guy is amazing. The interview after, he said "At first I was trying to fake every time I was passed the ball, but then I realized that is totally unnecessary cause D-Will gets me the ball in the perfect position to go up for an easy layup." Glad to see he is learning-- he definitely faked a lot early in the season. Now he only does it when he feels like he needs it. He also said they will keep winning if they "play defense" and "take care of the ball". I don't think the word defense was in Boozer's dictionary.

It's nice to win by 20+, and hold them under 90.
That's good defense.
Hayward hits a 3 to keep people off his back for 30 seconds.... Watson to Evans.... and CJ has a great shooting night 5-15, 2-6 from 3.
The best part for me was Boler and Harpring talking up Millsap like he is king of the world, and every time they say something nice, something bad happens on the floor for Millsap.
They need to praise the other team if that's what happens when they do that.

Go Jazz!

I was worried about this game. Pacers are a good team and have been winning on the road. Great to see the Jazz come out and dominate a team like that. Kinda looks like we are getting that home court dominance back and if we keep winning on the road this could be a great year to be a Jazz fan.

D-Will was sick. Can't get tired of D-Will dominating the league.
Evans in with enough time for another oop from Watson. Wonderful.
Glad Hayward hit that 3. It is hard to build confidence on only a couple minutes a game, but a shot like that has got to help.
Loving Al's game. This guy is amazing. The interview after, he said "At first I was trying to fake every time I was passed the ball, but then I realized that is totally unnecessary cause D-Will gets me the ball in the perfect position to go up for an easy layup." Glad to see he is learning-- he definitely faked a lot early in the season. Now he only does it when he feels like he needs it. He also said they will keep winning if they "play defense" and "take care of the ball". I don't think the word defense was in Boozer's dictionary.
BTW, I love Jefferson's contrast to Boozer's Windy City debut tonight (albeit off an "injury"):
5 points and 2 RBs (and, to his credit, 2 steals) as the Magic make the Bulls disappear by 29 points.
https://www.nba.com/games/20101201/ORLCHI/gameinfo.html
In the paint, Orlando outscores the Bulls (or more aptly, the Matadors) by 20 points.