What's new

Jazzfanz BIG BOARD rankings ROUND 4

If all of these players were available who would you want The Jazz to pick?

• Al-Farouq Aminu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Aldrich

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • DeMarcus Cousins

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Ed Davis

• Ekpe Udoh

• Greg Monroe

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Hassan Whiteside

• Patrick Patterson

• Wesley Johnson

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Xavier Henry

• Total voters
I don't doubt his ability. It's clear he has top 5 talent in this draft. And he may turn out to be a great player. But if I have my pick of players that early in the draft, I'm not choosing the one with SEVERAL red flags, even if I'm giving up a little bit in talent in picking someone else who doesn't. Drafting players is hard enough to get right as it is, why take such an obvious risk so early in the draft (in this hypothetical situation)? Seems like a very easy "pass" to me, especially when he doesn't even fit a lot of the Jazz's specific needs (defensively particularly).

Here's an in-depth look at Cousins vs Favors.

https://evilcowtowninc.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/demarcus-cousins-vs-derrick-favors/

Yet another red flag is Cousins' shooting ability. "In eFG%, Favors is 28th in the entire country. In TS%, Favors is 61st. Cousins is not even in the top 400 in either category."

Not to digress here, but why would people want Turner over Wall or Favors? Wall is like Tyreke Evans with twice the speed, and Favors has a legit shot at being one of the top 3 PFs in the league in a few years. Turner could be a Brandon Roy or Paul Pierce, but he's got to prove he can really shoot and create for others.

I'd go Wall, Favors, Wes Johnson, Turner, Demarcus Cousins, so I guess Wes Johnson in this scenario.