What's new

JazzFanz Forum Mock - Trade Thread

So how does someone "win" this game?

What's even the point of trading?

Why is white chocolate trading back for an extra future pick? It's not like you'll really get to use that.

What's even the point of trading?

Why is white chocolate trading back for an extra future pick? It's not like you'll really get to use that.

At the end we are going to go head to head and see who had the best draft taking into consideration what pick you had and what player you got.

It's all in fun but we can naturally look at what everyone did see who had the best draft. Trading from three to five and picking up a top five protected pick is a steal and great trade for white

Great trade for Orlando too. Yeah, you run the risk that the 2017 pick is in the top 10, but Orlando getting Okafor is not a scenario I had considered. I liked the move for both teams. Without the future picks being included, we have probably the same boring mock draft that everybody else does.

Great trade for Orlando too. Yeah, you run the risk that the 2017 pick is in the top 10, but Orlando getting Okafor is not a scenario I had considered. I liked the move for both teams. Without the future picks being included, we have probably the same boring mock draft that everybody else does.

I'd have been a bit stingier as the orl GM. But ya to get Okafor isn't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have been a bit stingier as the orl GM. But ya to get Okafor isn't bad.
It's not without risk, but it's a good deal. Possible franchise player and the worst you pay out is a 2nd round pick and a pick that you hope is out of the lottery. Margin of error in the East is pretty wide. I like it better than sitting still and taking Porzingis themselves.

In real life I would have been a lot more stingier, but I mean we're doing this for fun....adding Okafor to Payton - Oladipo - Harris (gotta keep em) - Okafor - Veucevic?

Plan was to just wait for Winslow but what a better way to add excitement than to jump up and get one the best college players I've seen

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You wouldn't have gotten a deal done then. I had leverage because Okafor fell to #3.

I see it as a win-win for both teams. My original target was Mudiay at #5, but since he was gone at #4 I took the next best player available on my big board.

If this was real life I think I would dangle Porzingis, Noel, or Embiid in trades and see what I could get for one of them.

I think Porzingis is fine for the 76ers because he can play with either Embiid or Noel.

Exactly, a better fit than Okafor because he can shoot. So I picked up another pick in the second-round plus an extra first-rounder in 2017, instead of just taking him or Mudiay at #3.

On a side not.. I'm looking for one or two more picks in the first-round, PM me w/ offers.

I have picks #35, #37, #47, #51, #58, and #60. Plus the rights to Dario Saric and $3 mil in cash.

Saric would take a pick in the 6-15 range + more, depends on the pick.

Would trade two or three second-rounders + cash for a later first.

Last edited:
There's the White Chocolate that we all know and sort of tolerate.

And for what it's worth. . . I wouldn't trade Saric now that you have Porzingis. A future front court of Embiid, Noel, Porzingis and Saric could be really solid, but they need to play together first. I had Saric 7 overall last year. Don't think you'll get that kind of value out of this draft.

There's the White Chocolate that we all know and sort of tolerate.

And for what it's worth. . . I wouldn't trade Saric now that you have Porzingis. A future front court of Embiid, Noel, Porzingis and Saric could be really solid, but they need to play together first. I had Saric 7 overall last year. Don't think you'll get that kind of value out of this draft.

Nobody is going to trade their first for Saric anyway because they won't get to make a pick.

But, am I being too crazy? I mean damn I have 6 second round picks. Lets make some trades lol.

So basically what I am saying is I have picks #35, #37, #47, #51, #58, #60, and $3 mil in cash.

I am looking to move up. If you're interested, PM me. If you aren't, cool, I'll make 6 picks in the second round.

So basically what I am saying is I have picks #35, #37, #47, #51, #58, #60, and $3 mil in cash.

I am looking to move up. If you're interested, PM me. If you aren't, cool, I'll make 6 picks in the second round.
Put together an international draft and stash team to hang out with Saric.

There has been a trade 2.0 (come on guys, it's draft day, get into it lol).

White Chocolate has agreed to trade #35, #47, and $3M cash to Hekate for #24.

I'd like to trade One Love for a different poster that is smart enough to know they are gonna pick in 5 minutes and instead doesn't decided to take off for 10 hours.

He does this every year.

No more One Love in these things

Surprise, surprise. There has been a trade.

White Chocolate has agreed to trade #24 to Thee jazz fan for #28 and #33.