What's new

JazzFanz Official Draft Rumors Thread '13

Didn't he draft the Durant/Westbrook/Harden trio? He's done pretty well if you ask me.

But he was working as Sam Presti's assistance though right? How much of that pick can you attribute to him? If he was the main man, why did they keep Presti and let him walk?

Erick Green? I do like him.. I'd probably take him over Canaan or Wolters..

HOOPSWORLD ‏@HOOPSWORLD 1h
Spurs May Have Deal With Erick Green: Sources have indicated Spurs may have a promise with Erick Green at 28. .

What's your take on Green, PKM? You must have seen him play quite a bit, no? How does he compare to the Canaan, Wolters, Larkin group? Is he worth the #21 pick?

Jmo.. but not worth 21 pick. He's okay.. but nothing too special. I would bpa him around 30-35.

Jmo.. but not worth 21 pick. He's okay.. but nothing too special. I would bpa him around 30-35.

I dunno, if we go with a big at #14, and we need at least 1 future PG out of this crop, I think he's worth a swing at #21.

If Spurs like him at #28, I think I'm comfortable taking him a few spots ahead.

^^^

- Athletically I'm much more comfortable with Green than with Wolters, Larkin or even Canaan.

- Shoots 39% from 3's

- Leading NCAA scorer with 25 ppg

- 3.8 assists, 2.2 TO

What's not to like?? Perfect fit for our front court heavy offense.

I dunno, if we go with a big at #14, and we need at least 1 future PG out of this crop, I think he's worth a swing at #21.

If Spurs like him at #28, I think I'm comfortable taking him a few spots ahead.

That's exactly why the Spurs did this, to make other teams scared into taking him so someone the Spurs really like falls to them.

That's exactly why the Spurs did this, to make other teams scared into taking him so someone the Spurs really like falls to them.

It's only 1 player... and with how scattered the picks are, I don't think 1 player makes that much of a difference.

Sorry A-Train, but I think if I'd take Green over Larkin, just for the upside.

^^^

- Athletically I'm much more comfortable with Green than with Wolters, Larkin or even Canaan.

- Shoots 39% from 3's

- Leading NCAA scorer with 25 ppg

- 3.8 assists, 2.2 TO

What's not to like?? Perfect fit for our front court heavy offense.

I didn't say I don't like him.. but you asked what's not to like.. so here goes.

He's a SG. He is not a PG (could he become one? Maybe).
He is pretty slow for a 6'3 guy. Not a very good defender at the next level, imo.
He's a fantastic college SG. Too small to play SG in the NBA .. and neither a PG in the NBA. He's a niche guy.