What's new

Jazz's Remaining Schedule is the Easiest in the League

Looks like Celtics will hang on. I swear if we lose one of these to the pesky timberwolves I’ll be so pissed. Phoenix should drop one of the games against ny or Brooklyn. Then if we can win the head to head it’ll basically be a wrap.

Make it so Number 1.

Suns have the Nets, Knicks and Clips next. Nets will be without Harden and KD though. Clippers may be without Kawhi.

Would be helpful if the Suns would pick up another loss in their next 3 games.

Suns have the Nets, Knicks and Clips next. Nets will be without Harden and KD though. Clippers may be without Kawhi.

Would be helpful if the Suns would pick up another loss in their next 3 games.
Yes, I think one more loss for them will likely be the nail.

Unlike a few others, I think 1st seed is pretty important. Not kill your players important, but it matters. Especially for a team with the home record we have. In the finals years the Jazz were the 1 seed, so maybe I'm biased. Like this year the Jazz in 96-97 and 97-98 had a massive home advantage. They basically didn't lose at home.

Yes, I think one more loss for them will likely be the nail.

Unlike a few others, I think 1st seed is pretty important. Not kill your players important, but it matters. Especially for a team with the home record we have. In the finals years the Jazz were the 1 seed, so maybe I'm biased. Like this year the Jazz in 96-97 and 97-98 had a massive home advantage. They basically didn't lose at home.
To be honest, we’ve been waiting a long time. We’re still clinging to the WCF. Well, at least I am. Not really clinging to it, but that’s the farthest we’ve gone in a while, and I remember at the time thinking “I’ve been waiting 10 years for this,” thinking 10 years was a long time... but if we can’t make it this year, or next, at least there’s some small solace in knowing we finished at the top for the regular season. So there’s that.

Damn following sports is a drag.

Suns looked out of it. But it definitely helps to have Marcus Smart. And the Suns appeared to struggle more against the switch-heavy schemes.

To be honest, we’ve been waiting a long time. We’re still clinging to the WCF. Well, at least I am. Not really clinging to it, but that’s the farthest we’ve gone in a while, and I remember at the time thinking “I’ve been waiting 10 years for this,” thinking 10 years was a long time... but if we can’t make it this year, or next, at least there’s some small solace in knowing we finished at the top for the regular season. So there’s that.

Damn following sports is a drag.

Utah has the fourth longest drought, I believe, since their last trip to the WCF. I think only the Clippers, Minnesota and Sacramento have a longer drought.

I've said for years on this board that it feels like the franchise's ceiling is almost the semifinals. I keep hoping I'm wrong and this year seems to be the year to be wrong.

But yeah, it's a milestone. Getting within four wins of the NBA Finals I think means a lot. Especially if the alternative is getting bounced in either the first or second rounds...which Utah has done now every trip to the playoffs since their last run to the WCF (and that was more a fluke with GS beating top-seeded Dallas in the first round).

Beyond that, the Jazz has been abysmal in semifinals ever since that GSW series win in 2007.

And when I say abysmal, I mean it.

In total games they're just 4-16 and two of those wins came against the Lakers in the 2008 semifinals.

I'm hoping this is the year they prove my doubts wrong and get to the WCF. Then we can start thinking NBA Finals.

Looking over our schedule and the Suns I feel confident we should hold the number 1 spot.

I just hope we can avoid the Warriors in round one.

Feels like the new play-in tourney could wreck quite a bit of havoc. I'd much prefer not having to play Warriors or Mavericks in round one as I think they're better teams then their records indicate. Give me the Spurs or Griz.

Feels like the new play-in tourney could wreck quite a bit of havoc. I'd much prefer not having to play Warriors or Mavericks in round one as I think they're better teams then their records indicate. Give me the Spurs or Griz.
I also want the grizz or spurs

I think the play in tourney is a fantastic idea though. I think it makes things much more interesting and fun

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz will beat Golden State, Portland, Memphis or San Antonio, whichever they face in the 1st round.
Agreed.
I think they sweep the spurs and either sweep memphis or lose once.

GS, portland, and dallas would be harder series but the jazz would still win.

I would love to get a team that we can finish off quick and easy though so we can be rested and fresh and have more time to game plan for our 2nd round opponent.

The Jazz still have remaining on their schedule: T'wolves (2), Rockets, Thunder, Kings (2). They should win at least 5 of those games.
Then the Jazz have: Raptors, Spurs (2), Warriors. They should win 3 of those games.
That leaves: Blazers, Nuggets, Suns. Jazz should win at least 1 of those games, more likely 2.
So that would get the Jazz to 53 or 54 wins.

In order to catch the Jazz, the Suns would then have to finish 11-2 or 12-1. I think they're more likely to finish 9-4 or maybe 10-3.

Right now, I think 53 wins is the magic number to keep the #1 seed.

Agreed.
I think they sweep the spurs and either sweep memphis or lose once.

GS, portland, and dallas would be harder series but the jazz would still win.

I would love to get a team that we can finish off quick and easy though so we can be rested and fresh and have more time to game plan for our 2nd round opponent.

I think the Jazz would beat Portland or Golden State in 5 games. Dallas could go 6 maybe, if Luka is amazing and they shoot well.

Okay, so that Minnesota game will have to count as our brain-fart, anomalous loss. The remaining games against the T'wolves, Kings, Rockets and Thunder need to all be wins, or we'll otherwise need to make up the loss vs. Denver or San Antonio.

Good thing we have the easiest schedule so we can go 0.500 over these games. If we had a hard schedule we'd be lucky to win half of them.