What's new

Jeff Green is he worth the risk?

Chargers Jazz Angels

Is claiming he is 100%. He has a surgically repaired heart that would have to go through a thorough examination. If the price is right, 8 to 10 mil, would you sign him to be our sf of the future. He can also play the 4 which would allow the jazz to move millsap and or jefferson for a future pg?

Discuss

If he can play SF. He could probably be good with the Jazz. I know he was a good passer in college, being a Georgetown player, so he could probably show that off more with the Jazz.

Kind of a no-brainer at $8MM, IMO.

Oh ... Also, yes to trading Al for a great PG.

We're set.

Didn't Celts give up a lot to get him?
Why would they let a promising young player go when that is what they need?

This is a no-brainer no for me. 8-10M a year is absurd. I wouldn't have paid 7M a year when he was as healthy as a mule. 44.5% from the floor, 33% from three. What's to like here? He can rebound decently and score 14 a game (on 44.5% from the floor) but so can a ton of other guys in this league and rebounding isn't our weakness. No, no, and no unless it's a 2 year, 4M deal.

I think he would be a nice addition. He could fit great in a small ball line up with Favors at center, Green at PF, Hayward at SF, Burks at SG and player X at PG.

I agree that he would be overpaid at $7M per year. Jeff Green is a good player, but good players don't make or break your team... He should make $5M per on average. He just doesn't have a set position... He can't guard the SF position or the PF position but is a decent zone defender. He is a good 6-7 man for any team. If he is your starter you are a mediocre team that has trouble defending.

Didn't Celts give up a lot to get him?
Why would they let a promising young player go when that is what they need?

When he got his heart condition the celtics retracted their qualifying offer making him an unrestricted free agent.

I agree 8 to 10 is to much but 5 to 7 rang for 3 years with 4th year team option. See how his heart is.

The celtics gave up Perkins for him.

I like the sound of 6-7 million. Unfortunately:

1) It hampers our cap flexibility
2) In order for him to choose the Jazz in FA, we would have to offer more than 7 million (seeing as every team in the NBA would be offering around this amount)

You folks saying 5-7M are out of your minds. Signing a mediocre player to money like this is what can screw a franchise. We need a three. But not that badly. I'd rather sign Matt Barnes to a deal, something like three years, 8M, or thereabouts.

Here is a CBA question since he became a UFA this year do the jazz have to wait until July 1st to talk to him or could the come to an agreement now? If they could come to an agreement now would help the jazz draft strategy.

Here is a CBA question since he became a UFA this year do the jazz have to wait until July 1st to talk to him or could the come to an agreement now? If they could come to an agreement now would help the jazz draft strategy.

They must wait until July.

Na, no way man. Green didn't bring anything to the Celtics, except making that team worse in the post.
And I don't think he can play SF well.
I'd rather have Jeremy Evans play SF then I would Jeff Green.

Back