What's new

Jimmers athletic testing.

Beantown

We may not have an idea of where Irving would rate on the athletic tests, but other top PG’s showed a great deal of athletic ability. Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker posted 37.5 and 39 inch max verts respectively, and appear to be every bit the NBA athletes one would expect. They both posted above average agility and sprinting ability, and Knight posted an impressive 10 reps on the bench press, while Walker had a decent 7. Still, with their impressive numbers aside, Jimmer Fredette was a star amongst athletic tests. His 10.42 agility was third fastest in the combine. Jimmer also posted a beastly 14 reps, showed nice speed and while his jumping numbers were slightly below average, Jimmer fans were ecstatic with his combine showing.

Showing his strength and his quickness, I think he really does have some Dwill in him, Deron was able to get by defenders and to the rim using his strength. Which is what Jimmer will have to do. Even though Jimmer has shown he can get to the rim when he wants in the NCAA. Unlike another PG Knight......

This video is the scouting report done by Locke, we all know Locke loves him but look how many times it shows him unable to get to the rim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw1h5zCJB5w&feature=player_embedded

If you're saying Jimmer will be better than Knight.....you're wrong.

I can maybe accept that Jimmer > Knight right now, but Knight >>> Jimmer in the future.

Wait, I thought the general opinion on Knight was that he was weak driving to his left, but Locke says its the other way around. Either Locke is an idiot, or all the draft sites are wrong.

Man Jimmer is such a wild card I can't figure him out

He is which is why I think we should take the risk if we draft Williams or Kanter with our 3rd. If Jimmer can play manageable defense I have little doubt he could have a very solid career.

If you're saying Jimmer will be better than Knight.....you're wrong.

I can maybe accept that Jimmer > Knight right now, but Knight >>> Jimmer in the future.

That's a bold statement from a guy that hasn't seen either play a minute in the NBA. Jimmer has shooting ability and size that Knight will probably never have and that's huge.

That's a bold statement from a guy that hasn't seen either play a minute in the NBA. Jimmer has shooting ability and size that Knight will probably never have and that's huge.

Uhhh, Knight is a lot longer than Jimmer is. He also benched 10 rep compared to Jimmer's 14, so his strength is much lower. Jimmer obviously has shooting on him, but Knight is a good shooter himself. The one thing Jimmer really has on Knight is dribbling.

Uhhh, Knight is a lot longer than Jimmer is. He also benched 10 rep compared to Jimmer's 14, so his strength is much lower. Jimmer obviously has shooting on him, but Knight is a good shooter himself. The one thing Jimmer really has on Knight is dribbling.

Plus Knight is 3 or 4 years younger than Jimmer and has a ton more potential than Jimmer. I don't think Jimmer is bad, I just think Knight will be better.

I hope you're not trying to infer that the SEC was a stronger league than the MWC. This isn't football were talking about here

The SEC isn't really a great Basketball conference. Now if we were talking about Football.........

It's massively better than the Mountain Conference. No doubt it had 2 great teams this year. But the quality of the athletes in the SEC dwarfs the WMC. I don't dislike Jimmer. I think he'll be a solid backup in the league. He might even become a Barea type. But his accomplishments at 22 in that conference without playing a second of man to man D mean I would never consider him at 12. He's a 20 to 30 guy at best.

Size does not equal height or length, it equals bulk. So to recap, Jimmer has better size, a better shot, and better ball handling, all while being able to be had 9 picks later.

That said, I don't dislike Knight, he brings plenty to the table and he's only 18. I think Jimmer is the better value and that his basement is much higher, but Knight has a higher ceiling and is further along than Jimmer at the same age.

It's massively better than the Mountain Conference. No doubt it had 2 great teams this year. But the quality of the athletes in the SEC dwarfs the WMC. I don't dislike Jimmer. I think he'll be a solid backup in the league. He might even become a Barea type. But his accomplishments at 22 in that conference without playing a second of man to man D mean I would never consider him at 12. He's a 20 to 30 guy at best.

Look at Jimmers awards....

The MWC was one of the strongest conferences this year in basketball....did you even watch the season?

Look at Jimmers awards....

The MWC was one of the strongest conferences this year in basketball....did you even watch the season?

I'm absolutely sure the locals will gang up on me about how great the Mountain Conference is. I can't win that fight. The only thing I'll say in my defense is that the SEC, football or basketball, is revered in the south. The caliber of athlete in that league is fantastic. Merge the SEC and the MWC and there's no way the MWC holds its own.

I don't care what Jimmer did at the combine, other than that I hope it makes him more $$$$ because I enjoyed watching him in college and he seems like a nice enough guy, but his court game is not athletic. That will never change.