What's new

Joe Biden - 46th President!

JazzGal

Contributor
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
The AP has called it. The world can breathe again!

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yay....?

I'm very glad Trump is out. I expect nearly nothing from sleepy Joe. Unfortunately I think that is a decent descriptor. We are still waiting for him to put forth a single bit of detail for anything close to a plan for really anything. He ran almost exclusively on "I'll do different **** then Trump did, you know vaguely different ****, but hey I'm not him am I?" And Trump was ****ed up enough that was sufficient to win. But, now what? I imagine we'll have 4 pretty benign years. But I'm not expecting much beyond that. Hopefully he actually has a couple of plans in mind.

I hope the Democrats have learned that this isn't the moment to push through a progressive agenda. Biden is very moderate, so that helps. The first priority is probably COVID, but close behind is healing the nation. The president needs to realize that half of the country feels disenfranchised. Work on fixing the issues that matter to them. I think Biden gets that.

Yay....?

I'm very glad Trump is out. I expect nearly nothing from sleepy Joe. Unfortunately I think that is a decent descriptor. We are still waiting for him to put forth a single bit of detail for anything close to a plan for really anything. He ran almost exclusively on "I'll do different **** then Trump did, you know vaguely different ****, but hey I'm not him am I?" And Trump was ****ed up enough that was sufficient to win. But, now what? I imagine we'll have 4 pretty benign years. But I'm not expecting much beyond that. Hopefully he actually has a couple of plans in mind.
I agree with the exception of his tax plan. It seems mostly like a good plan.

Of course if it needs Congressional approval then it's probably dead already. Sigh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I hope the Democrats have learned that this isn't the moment to push through a progressive agenda. Biden is very moderate, so that helps. The first priority is probably COVID, but close behind is healing the nation. The president needs to realize that half of the country feels disenfranchised. Work on fixing the issues that matter to them. I think Biden gets that.

Agreed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Congrats for getting rid of the Trump, but it was way too close for the world to believe that USA is healed from trumpism. If anything it raised more questions - what is really inside the head of a regular American that after 4 years of having completely incompetent narcissist as your leader you would want to vote for him again?

Congrats for getting rid of the Trump, but it was way too close for the world to believe that USA is healed from trumpism. If anything it raised more questions - what is really inside the head of a regular American that after 4 years of having completely incompetent narcissist as your leader you would want to vote for him again?
I'm hoping that some time with a calmer, more unifying president will remind this country of what we can be.

Today is a great day. America had an aspiring autocrat in the White House and we voted him out, that's worth celebrating! I'm sure I'm going to have plenty to criticize the Biden administration for once he takes office, but I'm going to enjoy this victory today.

America hasn't had anything worth celebrating in a long time. We deserve this.

Good game.

Now can we please find middle ground on **** that makes sense, involving those willing to compromise?Not the extreme, loud, morons on both sides not interested in discussion, just being right.

We’re all guilty. It’s time to show more respect for each others views, be better people and better to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is a great day. America had an aspiring autocrat in the White House and we voted him out, that's worth celebrating! I'm sure I'm going to have plenty to criticize the Biden administration for once he takes office, but I'm going to enjoy this victory today.

America hasn't had anything worth celebrating in a long time. We deserve this.
Agreed.

Also, Why don’t you post more?

After they take a drubbing in the midterms after not accomplishing a single thing in the pursuit of compromise with Mitch McConnell of course.
This is absolutely my fear and it’s validate to see others confirm this fear. I’m glad more people are seeing this coming. It appears as if at least some of us have learned from the previous time we tried to compromise with republcian

Congrats to the US and its citizens. Maybe you will be able to get back some of the world's respect back. Or maybe not.
Oh it won’t be long before we look dumb AF again. At least we don’t have a deplorable human as a president, so we can take a small victory lap. Just please font have any violence in this transition. We know the hardcore trumpers are armed and stupid.

Yay....?

Our expectations should remain extremely fluid until the Senate seats in GA — and thus the whole balance of power in that chamber of Congress — are determined. Based on that, the expectations should swing wildly.

In other words, no reason to get too dispirited by the potential for meaningful change at this point.

And I remain pretty confident that Biden isn’t an ideologue.

What counts as “progressive”? Liberal democrats did well on this election, as well as their ballot measures.

It’s absolutely the time to reverse the gerrymandering **** that Rs put into place over the past decade and put the nation in more solidly democratic (not Democratic) footing. There are a handful of things in this vein that should be the top priority of the incoming administration.