What's new

Joe Jesus

There are certain benchmarks in any given player’s career that can give them a good indication of where they’re at. Things like being selected to an all-star game or making an all-NBA team. Being a mentionee in a homey tennis thread is another.

My how the mighty have fallen.

There are certain benchmarks in any given player’s career that can give them a good indication of where they’re at. Things like being selected to an all-star game or making an all-NBA team. Being a mentionee in a homey tennis thread is another.

My how the mighty have fallen.
But he is so ollllld.

Regarding Jazz alums I noticed in the transactions today that Ekpe Udoh replaced former NBA player and Utah native Justin Hamilton for the Beijing Ducks whatever those terms mean.

I'd take him. His iq and savvy probably outweigh any negatives we may see in age and now subpar athleticism. And he might be more useful overall than Niang or Tucker.
Agreed, I'd take him too.
Maybe my choice isn't totally impartial since I like him very much, but I think he could seriously help to make us a better team especially due to the injury of Bogey (but, on second thoughts, I'd have taken him as well if Bogdanovic had been able to play - really like Iso Joe!)

I'd take him. His iq and savvy probably outweigh any negatives we may see in age and now subpar athleticism. And he might be more useful overall than Niang or Tucker.

Nobody is more useful than future all star Tucker!

But yeah I would sign him for his post up abilities alone.

Bring back Stockton and Malone for 10--15 minutes. You can play zone to help with playing defense. Chance at a ring and no traveling.

Would absolutely love this. I bet they could both still play better than most players today.

We will desperately need a bucket-getter. If Joe can do that at all then he would probably be more useful than other options. However, that's a substantial "if".

I'm pretty sure the rule is... if you didn't play for a team this season, then no one can sign you.