What's new

Joe Johnson Coming to Utah

JJ was REALLY good coming off the bench for Miami last season. Hopefully he can give us the same production.

EDIT: Damnit wrong picture

Joe Johnson stats.jpg

Attachments

• joe johnson swap.jpg
    joe johnson swap.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 56
If Johnson can do what he did in Miami, it wouldn't shock me if he started. 52% FG, 42% 3pt%, 13 pts/game. Let him start, play 25 mins a night. Have Hood command the bench unit and play 30 mins a night.

Johnson could come in and spread the floor and open it up. You'd have Hill, Johnson, Hayward, Favors, Gobert. Johnson would give Favors and Gobert a lot more room in the paint.

I don't like a lot of things, but I like this.

There is no way this is bad.
This isn't Ty Corbin coaching people. Naysayers relax.
A complete scorer, but one that can shoot...well....
Score one for the Jazz...This opens up many options next year in lineups. I like it..
Are we pre programmed to get excited over a middle of the road aging vet? YES, obviously we are, It's the Jazz...but this is one that can pay off actually. Not a reach and at a good price..well done. So far....

He didnt look very good in NJ, but last year was decent when he left.

We need a few sprinkled vets with this line up, and we got em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vi2d6Abe1E

If the Jazz got Durrant, the same people would say its horrible and stunting Hayward..its their shtick

LOL ... they just can't believe Utah finally got one !!!

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballbreakdown 4m4 minutes ago
Joe Johnson signs with the Jazz? That's the weirdest signing yet!

I like this. He is a solid player in his career. A good vet presence to have around. He can still play and has good length. He will be really good for Hood and Hayward. He is also tradeable to a team making a push next season if we want to ditch his contract. I wish we had got some other players but I think this is a solid FA get for the Jazz and he will help us win. Love seeing Jazz going into win mode and being aggressive. This team is going to push for home court this year. Here comes 4th seed!

Also, Joe was in the 90th percentile in Isolation situations. With an eFG of 60.7 in these situations, he was fifth among players with more than 25 possessions.

Look at the versatility we now have:

Three point lineup:

Hill
Johnson
Hood
Hayward
Lyles

Defense:
Exum
Hill
Hayward
Favors
Gobert

Uptempo
Burks
Hood
Hayward
Johnson
Gobert

Veteran
Hill
Johnson
Hayward
Favors
Gobert

We matchup vs everyone. Snyder has to be giddy tonight with all the possibilities.
This post illustrates Hayward's diverse excellence.