What's new

Jogging Music

jazz_fanatic

I need some suggestions on good upbeat running music. I'm getting sick of my playlist that I've been repeating over and over again for the last month. What do you like to listen to when you workout/jog?

Thanks for your help. You're all swell.

I need some suggestions on good upbeat running music. I'm getting sick of my playlist that I've been repeating over and over again for the last month. What do you like to listen to when you workout/jog?

Thanks for your help. You're all swell.

I always found Journey upbeat and sort of motivating. Perhaps because of the opening scene to Vision Quest in which the main character is running but yeah, I like them.

I think something like this depends on what kind of music you like... I enjoy working out to comedy records.

I usually "ditch the music" when I jog in the rain.

What is on your playlist?

That's irrelevant... jk. I'm too embarrassed to say. I do like to listen to OneRepublic and Muse quite a bit when I jog, though.

Last edited:
Highlights from my running playlist:

The Living End - All Torn Down, Prisoner of Society
MXPX- Andrea
AFI - Beautiful Theives & anything from "sing the sorrow"
Metallica - Broken, Beat & Scarred - Enter Sandman
Muse - Hysteria - Plug in Baby
Dropkick Murphys - Shipping up to Boston
Cake - The distance
Taking Back Sunday - Error: Operator Probably my favorite song to run to.
Unwritten Law - Lonesome
Atreyu - Ex's and Oh's, Creature
The Used - Paralyzed
Thrice - Under the Killing Moon

KMFDM. Anything by them. It helps me to use techno beats to keep my rhythm while working out. Kind of the definition of upbeat. Also each song is a little different so it kind of automatically changes my pace somewhat every 4-6 minutes.

One of my very favorite workout songs is Los by Rammstein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02YOq1SPr_0

Last edited:
This is a fun song I like to listen to while working out. I'm for real this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iODdvJGpfIA

I can't stand jogging - I get a far better burn playing 2 hours of basketball 3 days a week than an entire week of jogging.