What's new

John Hollinger points out why the Jazz are screwed, Deron is leaving, and we wont make the playoffs:

He says today's playoff odds give the Jazz a 46% chance of making the playoffs. That sucks. The Jazz need to turn it around, and fast.

Why would we want to make the playoffs this year? Is this team going to win it all? How about we don't make the playoffs, develop our players, and get the best chance possible to draft Jimmer.

Get over yourself.

What irony.

It's the local Utah fan that so often can't stand negative remarks about that same market, no matter how true. As seen in this thread.

Anybody dumb enough to think Sloan is the problem with finding FAs, as opposed to an often cheap FO in a miserable market, is someone that likely lacks the basic self-awareness to even be called egomaniacal -- again, simply so insulated as to be provincial.

But being illogical is pretty typical for Team Deron, right down to the captain of that squad. Or is that figure of worship? That Deron bobble-head in place of golden calf.

So following the logic path of that quote it would seem he's saying anybody from or living in Utah has nothing to bring to the argument.

No, I'm saying that a fool like JJ has nothing of worth to bring to the argument.

And, yes, living in Utah is a part of that, at least to the extent that this dimwit believes his experiences in that selfsame area -- his liking it -- means that high-profile FAs would have no problem with it.

That's so lacking in logic that I can't believe anyone would defend it; but sadly, there appear to be plenty of like-minds on this board, almost making such a term an oxymoron.

If you can't take my comments on Utah, then you obviously can't take the feelings of a great many -- if not majority -- of players that wish to avoid it. To then blame Sloan, simply because you're in the market, is a personification that is full of hubris.

And thus, stupidity. An admix of rah rah hometown inferiority complex, with worship of a star player for those same reasons.

The big fish in the little pond syndrome. And, yeah, I think Duh-Ron really likes that aspect; the bigger problem is how limited and confining -- how boring -- a bowl is next to something like a Seaworld tank.

No, I'm saying that a fool like JJ has nothing of worth to bring to the argument.

And, yes, living in Utah is a part of that, at least to the extent that this dimwit believes his experiences in that selfsame area -- his liking it -- means that high-profile FAs would have no problem with it.

That's so lacking in logic that I can't believe anyone would defend it; but sadly, there appear to be plenty of like-minds on this board, almost making such a term an oxymoron.

If you can't take my comments on Utah, then you obviously can't take the feelings of a great many -- if not majority -- of players that wish to avoid it. To then blame Sloan, simply because you're in the market, is a personification that is full of hubris.

And thus, stupidity. An admix of rah rah hometown inferiority complex, with worship of a star player for those same reasons.

The big fish in the little pond syndrome. And, yeah, I think Duh-Ron really likes that aspect; the bigger problem is how limited and confining -- how boring -- a bowl is next to something like a Seaworld tank.

You really just don't read posts, do you? I'm not from here, and it's not my hometown. As I've stated multiple times, none of my statements about free agents coming here were my opinion. I was pondering the possibility. I never said it was a fact, I never said it was my belief. I brought it up as a possibility and you responded my losing your damn marbles.

But I live in Utah, so what the **** do I know, right?

You really just don't read posts, do you? I'm not from here, and it's not my hometown.

And yet, you like it there, right? You don't see a problem with living in the market. If you didn't, I assume you would be better able to see the viewpoint of so many people that have rejected the market.

Further, you seem too lacking to understand that your lifestyle -- just maybe -- isn't conducive to that of a high-profile athlete; I would assume you'd, maybe, get why many people don't want to go to Iraq -- now, be sure to take the comparison on a literal, 1:1, basis in your outrage.

As I've stated multiple times, none of my statements about free agents coming here were my opinion.

Then whose are they? Have you been buying stories secondhand from mental patients, hillbillies and GoodWill employees again?

I was pondering the possibility.

That you can't understand your responsibility -- the opinion-based nature of supposition -- is hilarious.

Almost as dumb as the initial idea. The two defining each other in such a way that is chicken and egg-like, or your constant illogic as square-root for this "Sloan keeps FAs from Utah" idiocy altogether.

I never said that Utah wasn't a reason for free agents not coming here either. I simply said that there was a possibility that some players may not care about where they play their basketball, as long as the team itself fits their needs, whether that be winning, championships, the right system, the right coach, or just the right amount of money.

You need to ****ing relax. Not every person on the planet fits into the archetypes you've fleshed out for them in your own mind.

I never said that Utah wasn't a reason for free agents not coming here either.

What you did was acknowledge it, then go on to pretend it was a non-issue while assuming that Sloan was THE issue.

I simply said that there was a possibility that some players may not care about where they play their basketball, as long as the team itself fits their needs, whether that be winning, championships, the right system, the right coach, or just the right amount of money.

Really? Your outline was that diverse? Then why is it being laid on Sloan at all?

And just as a refresher, here's the paragraph you started with:
Did Deron want it? I have no doubt in my mind. Regardless, I don't think he wanted it like this. I'm sure he respects Sloan on a certain level, but felt the team needed someone else. What if Deron knows something we don't? What if, despite all the leaguewide talk, there are players in the league that would love to come here and play with Deron, but have no interest in doing it under Jerry Sloan? We always talk about how big name free agents don't want to play in this market, but surely that can't be the only reason, right? Are we really going to assume that every player in today's NBA is only interested in winning championships if they can do it in New York, California or Florida?

Looks like you pushed Sloan as the problem to further push the idea of his ouster, and Deron's part in it, as being a good thing.

You need to ****ing relax. Not every person on the planet fits into the archetypes you've fleshed out for them in your own mind.

So, how many guys look to avoid the LA market? The NY market? Boston?

So far as relaxing, you keep replying yourself, trying to defend this dullard theory even while also attempting to avoid ownership of it. A moronic contradiction, that is sadly par for the course from you.

And don't worry, I find you quite amusing. No tension.

You pick apart posts and interpret them as you see fit. I've stated over and over my goals and intentions with my posts, but you either don't understand or refuse to accept it, choosing instead to continue on with these masturbatory posts in which you attempt to prove some sort of intellectual (and geographical) superiority.

Typical internet troll.

Nobody loves you and you will die alone.

Wow, JF2814 us teetering on the edge of an abyss...

not that everything, or anything, he's saying doesn't have an element of truth to it - - but it's so one-sided that it's become totally pointless

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk