What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
Last year he was a 39.something% from 3

Crowder took the 6th most Spot-Up shots this season, and was 1.16 point per spot up shot.

That's similar to Klay Thompson, Ryan Anderson, Kevin Love, Hardaway Jr, Joe Johnson, Joe Ingles and Gordon Hayward.

We would have Rubio setting this guy up.

Here's the thing though. The NBA GM's make up a fraternity. And right now, Ainge has worn thin with just about everybody. His being a dick pretty much cost him Paul George. If he continues, people will go out of their way to avoid dealing with him. I think people in the business think what happened to the Jazz here is pretty shameful. I mean with Cleveland, New Orleans, and the Pacers, to a degree, the optics weren't as bad because there were obvious deficiencies in each situation. This is a pretty decent black eye for the league because there is nothing obvious you can say the Jazz did wrong. They did everything they possibly could but not be a small market team in the Western Conference. Haywood's crap show yesterday did a lot to amplify the issue.

I mean if the Jazz really pushed it, the tampering was pretty obvious, and the NBA is VERY vulnerable for an attack from this direction in the age of superteams. Would the NBA find the Celtics guilty of tampering? Probably not. But it would be the best possible case to bring against the practice due to the circumstances involved. Do the Jazz want to do this? No, but if they did it would shine a light where the NBA doesn't want one to be shown. Additionally, the fact that this was flown up the flagpole with Woj getting in on the action shows that the Jazz may not be as passive about the possible PR battle as they might have been in the past. Normal Jazz behavior would have been to announce the sign and trade possibility AFTER it happened. They leaked this to put pressure on the Celtics, and the national media picked it up quickly. That is a tremendous departure from the way things are normally handled.

If talks break down after being widely reported, it will further hurt the Celtic and Haywood brand.

96.6?!?!

How can that be right? Regardless, let's get Crowder. Good fit and great contract.

Damn right. Lotta GSW lineups are 100% so we gotta try our best to match em

Yeah, wait for the article to come out for the sign and trade before we start celebrating

Theory: Utah made this rumor up to make Hayward seem like more of an ******* when the deal inevitably doesnt get done.

Here's the thing though. The NBA GM's make up a fraternity. And right now, Ainge has worn thin with just about everybody. His being a dick pretty much cost him Paul George. If he continues, people will go out of their way to avoid dealing with him. I think people in the business think what happened to the Jazz here is pretty shameful. I mean with Cleveland, New Orleans, and the Pacers, to a degree, the optics weren't as bad because there were obvious deficiencies in each situation. This is a pretty decent black eye for the league because there is nothing obvious you can say the Jazz did wrong. They did everything they possibly could but not be a small market team in the Western Conference. Haywood's crap show yesterday did a lot to amplify the issue.

I mean if the Jazz really pushed it, the tampering was pretty obvious, and the NBA is VERY vulnerable for an attack from this direction in the age of superteams. Would the NBA find the Celtics guilty of tampering? Probably not. But it would be the best possible case to bring against the practice due to the circumstances involved. Do the Jazz want to do this? No, but if they did it would shine a light where the NBA doesn't want one to be shown. Additionally, the fact that this was flown up the flagpole with Woj getting in on the action shows that the Jazz may not be as passive about the possible PR battle as they might have been in the past. Normal Jazz behavior would have been to announce the sign and trade possibility AFTER it happened. They leaked this to put pressure on the Celtics, and the national media picked it up quickly. That is a tremendous departure from the way things are normally handled.

If talks break down after being widely reported, it will further hurt the Celtic and Haywood brand.

Really solid post

Theory: Utah made this rumor up to make Hayward seem like more of an ******* when the deal inevitably doesnt get done.

I don't think Woj and other trusted sources would report a one sided rumor. And I don't think DL would waste his own time.

Have been thinking the same as far as Utah playing the PR/narrative game here as leverage.

Tony Jones just tweeted that Hayward and his agent "immediately" agreed to help facilitate a S&T

usually the agents propose the sign-and-trade. in this case, it was first suggested by the fans, media, and both teams. THEN the agent "agreed". what an amateur hour ****show this Bartlestein is.

I don't think Woj and other trusted sources would report a one sided rumor. And I don't think DL would waste his own time.

DL and Utah have a good relationship with Woj. You give up stuff to get stuff. Utah leaks info to Woj to make #wojbombs, then you get Woj to do some work for you.