What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
In six hours, Gordon Hayward on Player Tribune: Thank you jazz family, I decided not to agree with a sign and trade, because of Brad Stevens eyes. This was a really hard decision and so on..

This would be about best case scenario imaginable getting Jae. Dude would play super motivated and on an amazing contract

Even if Boston and Hayward agree to this what are we realistically getting back? Probably like Crowder and a second rounder. **** that. 1) Screw Boston. I don't want to take a contract just to open the space for them to have the unloyal h*. 2) I don't want Crowder. I like him as a player but I don't want to be locked in to his contract for 3 years. Even though it's a cheap 7 million per year. I'd rather have the cap space for next years free agency. Go get a max player and prove that Utah is a FA destination.
On a good contract, the Jazz could easily trade him next year if they need to free up cap space.

How much would trade exception in this deal be? 23ish million? I forgot that trade exceptions were involved in sign and trades. A huge trade exception plus Crowder would be great. Consider my original stance changed. Well, except for the screw Boston part.

b4e098d71bdfd7487448b53085e96995.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

So I'll go ahead and mention it... if we landed Crowder, would anyone be open to exploring Love again?

If we get Crowder can we help facilitate Love coming to us? I'm sure the trade exception could really help out right?

Seeing as how DL is walking around the stadium giving ad hoc interviews to various media, it's hard to believe they are seriously working hard on an imminent deal.