What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
I'm sorry to poop in everyone's soup, but I don't see why Boston would give up one of the best 3&D guys in the NBA, on one of the best contracts, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Not happening. No way. Nope.

I'd be happy if they accepted our first round pick to let go of Crowder. 2 second rounders? I'd soil my pants, both ways.

LOL ... could have done without the imagery of that last sentence tbh.

I'm talking about S&T with Utah, why would Ainge give us Crowder over Bradley or Smart?

Ainge needs to clear space. He may not have as large a dumping ground as he wanted. And maybe he doesn't want to gut the bench entirely. The jazz have some leverage here; and DL seems to be adding a bit more to said leverage.

There are 3 candidates, why do you guys think BOS will be giving away Crowder?

Bradley is the ideal candidate for the trade from BOS POV with only 1 year left on his contract, no?

It's going to be very difficult to clear cap room next season. Crowder gives Utah a cheap, but quality player at the 3, plus a $20m TPE. That TPE could prove valuable at the deadline or next summer. There are always teams looking to clear salaries or go in a different direction. Might be able to pick up a PF.

Jazz agree to not pursue tampering charges against Boston. Hayward and his agent save face.

I'm talking about S&T with Utah, why would Ainge give us Crowder over Bradley or Smart?

Cuz we have Ainge by the balls & Crowder will be pissed & I doubt many other teams will want to take one year of Bradley or the RFA rights to Smart in order to help Ainge keep Hayward

I'm sorry to poop in everyone's soup, but I don't see why Boston would give up one of the best 3&D guys in the NBA, on one of the best contracts, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Not happening. No way. Nope.

I'd be happy if they accepted our first round pick to let go of Crowder. 2 second rounders? I'd soil my pants, both ways.

our soup is your pants?

That was my feeling too, but:

1. Crowder would likely be VERY disgruntled. I didn't know about the previous instance when Haywood visited Boston.
2. GM's might rather just screw Boston than surrendering assets for a 1 year rental of Smart or Bradley.

This has been one of the best off seasons ever. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the ups and downs.

Hayward is taking Jae Crowder's job. Crowder may not be a happy camper right now. Boston needs to move a player without taking back salary. A sign-and-trade makes some sense if both sides agree. The Jazz may also be able to use Diaw's non-guaranteed deal in a trade.

He doesn't have to send Crowder somewhere for free. He has value. Like I said, Ainge will expect compensation for him IMO, rather than counting Hayward as compensation.

I suppose it may be possible that Ainge decides to do us a Favor. Won't be holding my breath, though.

We are doing him a favor. He has to get rid of salary to be able to sign Hayward, whether it's Crowder, Smart, or Bradley. I think maybe two of the three; he already renounced Olynyk.

Truthfully, I like Gordon Hayward, but at $32M/year, he'd better be pretty brilliant. Jae Crowder only costs $6M. We could use the difference on a younger max player.

Why wouldn't Crowder want to be dealt to Utah? In straight basketball terms, it makes 100% sense for him. If I were him, I'd have my agent on the line with Bartlestein, telling Mark to make it happen.

I agree. I think you may have misread what I said.

If it ain't Crowder, I ain't interested.

By the way, despite whatever I've gotten wrong, I was the loudest supporter of Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder on this board during their respective drafts.