What's new

Jordan Clarkson appreciation

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

He needs a ton more love. He’s playing at an allstar level this year. He’s still the flame thrower he always was, but playing a more well rounded game, and his teammates are better for it.

You can see his improvement and it’s very apparent for all to see. Case in point, the second Griz game he shot 3/14. In years past if he shoots that badly he’s useless because all he does is score and the jazz usually struggle, but in that game I hardly realized he was having a bad shooting night because he was so good in other areas as he had 7 assists and 7 rebounds and ended with a +/- of +14 and the jazz blew out the griz

He's obviously having fun out there too. Very fun to watch. This is the first year I can remember where I am looking forward to watching the games. So much fun.

From JA's quotes:

"I am 100% dead serious when i say I think there is at least a 50% chance that Jordan Clarkson is a genetically modified human being..."

He's stepped up his game and he's just a fun player who goes out there and gives it his all and is a joy to watch.

What's not to love. If he stays with the Jazz for like 4-5 more seasons, I would personally like to see the guy's jersey hanging in the rafters.
Right next to his 2023 Finals MVP banner.

With the way he's playing he could feasibly be considered for the all star game. He's impacting most every phase of the game.
If we are still the number 1 seed at the end of the season he has to get in. But if we finish below the top few seeds we only get one player in and that would go to Lauri unless Clarkson gets his scoring higher than him as the season goes on. It's hard to get in scoring under 20 as a SG.

If we are still the number 1 seed at the end of the season he has to get in. But if we finish below the top few seeds we only get one player in and that would go to Lauri unless Clarkson gets his scoring higher than him as the season goes on. It's hard to get in scoring under 20 as a SG.
Hard but not impossible under the right circumstances. And those circumstances may exist in this case.

Here is a video digging into JC's new approach to the game.
I was impressed by his drive and dish numbers.

Great vid.

It really helps that the entire team is always in motion and running cuts and screens to get people open. Clarkson is just so good at reading that motion that he knows where to place the ball for the open shot. Our offense right now is a thing of beauty because everyone has bought in and plays their role and keeps moving. We have almost no ball-stoppers *cough*THT*cough*, so it makes everything very fluid. And with some top-notch finishers and shooters we are very difficult to guard, as there is no one guy to key in on. This could very well be sustainable for an entire season, and if so, we could really make some noise.

Ok to be fair THT has been having more of an impact recently, but he still is our most ball-stoppery player by far. Sexton is there too but Sexton gets so much to happen just from his quickness and handle. But if THT can get better at distributing and not just blindly roaring into the paint and stopping with nowhere to go, unless he can get to the rim as he did against the pourous Lakers D, but against good D he gets stuck more often than not. Fix that and his energy and hustle can have a real impact without the negatives.

Great vid.

It really helps that the entire team is always in motion and running cuts and screens to get people open. Clarkson is just so good at reading that motion that he knows where to place the ball for the open shot. Our offense right now is a thing of beauty because everyone has bought in and plays their role and keeps moving. We have almost no ball-stoppers *cough*THT*cough*, so it makes everything very fluid. And with some top-notch finishers and shooters we are very difficult to guard, as there is no one guy to key in on. This could very well be sustainable for an entire season, and if so, we could really make some noise.

Ok to be fair THT has been having more of an impact recently, but he still is our most ball-stoppery player by far. Sexton is there too but Sexton gets so much to happen just from his quickness and handle. But if THT can get better at distributing and not just blindly roaring into the paint and stopping with nowhere to go, unless he can get to the rim as he did against the pourous Lakers D, but against good D he gets stuck more often than not. Fix that and his energy and hustle can have a real impact without the negatives.
I saw some YT vid where a guy said we use more off ball screens than on ball screens. Our pick and roll rate is 25th in the NBA, and iso play rate is 20th. So it really is team scheme over simple hero ball.

I would love to see Lauri on a pick and roll more often though. He has been very good as the roll guy when screening guards and getting successful switches in the national team.

I saw some YT vid where a guy said we use more off ball screens than on ball screens. Our pick and roll rate is 25th in the NBA, and iso play rate is 20th. So it really is team scheme over simple hero ball.

I would love to see Lauri on a pick and roll more often though. He has been very good as the roll guy when screening guards and getting successful switches in the national team.
I see no reason they can't add a few sets like the Jazz had with Gobert screening, but with Lauri, then working either a screen roll with cuts and kick-outs, or pick and pop, ala Memo. Could be one layer deeper to an already dynamic offense. Damn this is a fun season!