What's new

Jordan Clarkson in 2nd place for 6MOY

ShortShorts

I know we've all been rooting hard for JC as the league's 6MOY this season but it just ain't gonna happen.

OK - so the dude has some kicking stats:

* 17.3 PPG great starter like numbers
* 17.1 PER again, great starter level numbers
* he routinely gets great nods from the media:

“Jordan Clarkson can do everything. Period. I don’t ever want to hear him described purely as a guy who can get a bucket. He’s completely changed and evolved and improved his game and is a lot more committed on the defensive end than he gets credit for. Whether it’s spin moves, getting low against crafty guards, hitting contested shots, knocking down open 3-pointers or blocking shots, Clarkson is nearly always making good plays.”

"Jordan Clarkson is as crafty an offensive player with the ball as there is. He lulls defenders to sleep and just gets what he wants."

"The Jordan Clarkson trade from Dec. 2019 will go down as one of the best transactions in recent memory. Clarkson now up to 40 points and is the clear leader in the clubhouse for 6th Man of the Year."

"NBA Sixth Man of the Year Odds: Clarkson the Clear Favorite"

* He's stepped up his D and is playing well in the defensive system Snyder lays out, even though he gets fewer minutes with Gobert than most
* He can routinely be relied on to lead one of the best bench scoring units in the league crushing with his three level offensive skills

But despite all this he's in just 2nd place.

You can't get that 6MOY when going up against Joe Freaking Ingles as your competition.

I know we've all been rooting hard for JC as the league's 6MOY this season but it just ain't gonna happen.

OK - so the dude has some kicking stats:

* 17.3 PPG great starter like numbers
* 17.1 PER again, great starter level numbers
* he routinely gets great nods from the media:

“Jordan Clarkson can do everything. Period. I don’t ever want to hear him described purely as a guy who can get a bucket. He’s completely changed and evolved and improved his game and is a lot more committed on the defensive end than he gets credit for. Whether it’s spin moves, getting low against crafty guards, hitting contested shots, knocking down open 3-pointers or blocking shots, Clarkson is nearly always making good plays.”

"Jordan Clarkson is as crafty an offensive player with the ball as there is. He lulls defenders to sleep and just gets what he wants."

"The Jordan Clarkson trade from Dec. 2019 will go down as one of the best transactions in recent memory. Clarkson now up to 40 points and is the clear leader in the clubhouse for 6th Man of the Year."

"NBA Sixth Man of the Year Odds: Clarkson the Clear Favorite"

* He's stepped up his D and is playing well in the defensive system Snyder lays out, even though he gets fewer minutes with Gobert than most
* He can routinely be relied on to lead one of the best bench scoring units in the league crushing with his three level offensive skills

But despite all this he's in just 2nd place.

You can't get that 6MOY when going up against Joe Freaking Ingles as your competition.
Um no Clarkson is 6moty, nice try tho

Joe Ingles' advanced numbers are of an All-NBA player(i.e. top 15 in the league).

We drafted Almond, Maynor, and Koufus in the first round the years Joe was eligible. :eek:

Joe Ingles' advanced numbers are of an All-NBA player(i.e. top 15 in the league).

We drafted Almond, Maynor, and Koufus in the first round the years Joe was eligible. :eek:
I remember when most on here had a hard on for almond joy

And if anyone is going to argue that Joe's efficiency would go down significantly if he shot more, when Joe takes 8 threes or more this year, he hits them at 57%. Read that stat again.

KOC gonna KOC.