1. Welcome to the newly remodeled JazzFanz.com. Take a look around and report any issues in the SITE INFORMATION thread.

Josh Howard tears his ACL.

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Beantown, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Beantown

Beantown Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
  2. sojodave

sojodave Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2010
    I just threw up in my mouth with the thought.

3. Catchall

Catchall Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hm. Second time with that injury. Tough news for Howard.

4. NCJazz

NCJazz Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I knew TWolves made a mistake signing him. This may be a career ender. I will quit my Jazz fandom forever if he ever comes back.

5. Jazz4ever

Jazz4ever Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Tough luck, he'll be too old and slow to play NBA ball again. Maybe Real Madrid or Fenerbahce will have a spot for him.

6. JGolds

JGolds Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    he will still be quicker then tins lets just put josh at the point.... sounds like a good back up to me... "this is what our front office is thinking right now"

7. cctrackstar

cctrackstar Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Willl.... will they . sign him?

They had tons of opportunity to sign him before he injured his knee (again) why the blazes would they sign him now? Besides, he's going to be out for most of the rest of the season.

8. infection

infection Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    We need someone who can give us what Burks and Hayward can't, plus play spot minutes at the 4 because Favors and Kanter are still too inexperienced for big minutes. The glass is half full now that we could land an experienced veteran at a reasonable discount.

9. Revolution 9

Revolution 9 Moderator Moderator

May 26, 2010
    I could see us resigning him if Foye went down. That might be the end of some of us as we know it.

10. zman1527

zman1527 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Whoo-hoo, maybe he can be ready for us by playoff time. He can then be Ty's secret weapon, just like last year.

Tough luck for Josh, likely a career ender I would think.

11. Brown Notes

Brown Notes Well-Known Member

May 30, 2011
    Somewhere WolfBum is crying tears of joy in his Budinger underpants.

12. eacioban

eacioban Member

May 31, 2010
    I wish him a quick return to the basketball court. It is always sad to see a player get injured...

This injury reminded me again how professional the Jazz trainers are. I can't remember a lot of players getting injured on the team while playing. There are some teams that have patterns. Portland and the wolves have quite a record with knee injuries' makes you wonder... Is it bad luck or bad trainers?

13. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Who on Portland?

Oden and Roy?

Those guys were injury prone/had concerns with their knees before they even entered the NBA.

If we want to talk about our professionalism or injuries or knee injuries lets also remember how often AK, Raul Lopez, Curtis Borchart, and Boozer were injured. Also, Matt Harpring if we remember, would miss a game every week for digestive issues. Of course, it was later found out that it was the medication he was on that was making him sick. Lets also remember Memo's injury. We kept shooting him up until his achillies finally snapped.

And lets not forget how Fess and CJ missed at least 1 game per week due to "digestive issues." Their symptoms included headaches, vomiting, sensitivity to light, and struggles in remembering the previous night.....

14. Crawlnstall

Crawlnstall Active Member

Nov 28, 2012
    You can also go back to Walton too. I grew up in Portland and its a well known fact that they have the worst trainers. Its not just the fact that their players get hurt, its that the trainers don't listen to doctors or consult the players on what they are doing. They leave guys like Roy and Oden completley in the dark. Don;t forget that Oden went down for a fractured patella and about a week later Joel Pryzbilla went down for the exact same injury. Its not just that the Blazers get players with bad knees, its that the trainers are awful.

15. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Shame - every once and a while last year you'd get glimpses of the type of player Howard used to be. Unfortunately, it was wrapped around huge stretches of him throwing up bricks and chewing up minutes doing little or nothing.

I liked the guy even though he had no place in Utah - good luck to him.

16. Hartsock

Hartsock Banned

Jan 19, 2012