What's new

Game Thread Jul 05, 2022 07:00pm: Thunder Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-05-22

I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating. . . Jazz should use their SLC summer league as a de facto free agent minicamp. Bring in a bunch of 6’6”-6’10” guys that are out on the street and see if any of them show you something. If they do, you get them added to your TC roster before anybody knows about them.

They kinda, sorta did that by adding Bruno Caboclo (FA camp), DJ Funderburk (FA camp), Caleb Homesley (FA camp) James Palmer (FA camp), Vic Law (Aussie league) Xavier Sneed (SLC Stars) and Johnny Juzang (2-way) - but I’d like to see the whole roster filled out like that.

Just wanted to point out that I saw Jazz SL legend Frankie Ferrari playing in the California Classic SL. GOAT turnover machine.

Also OKC’s SL roster is stacked lol

Kenny Lofton is so good.

Wish the Jazz would have gotten him. He's probably two years away with consistent work on his body, but the skill set is huge.

Jake Laravia looks good.
Isaiah Joe can shoot.
Zaire William's can't dribble.
Jaden Springer can't shoot.

Last edited:
Why is your assistant coach Skeeter coaching the team?

Uhh, you have a little kid named Little Willy as your head coach. You know how many NBA games he has coached from start to finish? Zero. Same as me. Don't you think this widdle kid needs to coach Summer League and learn some things about basketball? Oh, maybe you have age curfews out there in Utah and widdle Will Hardy's bedtime is before curfew.

1657065007542.png

Somehow the jerseys are even uglier than they looked in the pictures. These are rec league jerseys, not NBA jerseys. What an embarrassment.