What's new

Game Thread Jul 11, 2022 08:00pm MT: Mavericks Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-11-22

Man Butler isn’t much of anything. He does some things well. But not anything great. Maybe just maybe some more playing time will help. But I said that about Trey Burke and we know how well that went.
Butler is way quicker than Burke and he looks pretty good defensively to me.

Right now Butler looks like a good backup to me.

The inadvertent whistle leading to an automatic jump ball is honestly an insanely stupid rule.

The Jazz go from literally winning the game to the Mavs getting a chance to win off a jump ball? Wtf?

We also lost a game to the Grizzlies last season on this same garbage rule.

I hope you’re right. I’ll be the first to admit I was on the Burke bandwagon. Boy was I wrong. I have questioned my opinion since. So I hope you’re right.

Two Jazz alums and a Weber State guy played for the Mavs. Undefeated in Vegas. Our bigs both had double doubles. I don't know about Butler. I can see why Quin didn't have much trust in him. Bolmaro looked horrible. Johnny looked OK as did Sneed. The Jazz can play the varsity bigs next game.

Two Jazz alums and a Weber State guy played for the Mavs. Undefeated in Vegas. Our bigs both had double doubles. I don't know about Butler. I can see why Quin didn't have much trust in him. Bolmaro looked horrible. Johnny looked OK as did Sneed. The Jazz can play the varsity bigs next game.

If there is anyone I trust when it comes to these guys it’s you.

It's creating seperation part that bothers me. His quickness is more functional but if he can't create seperation, he is mostly going to be off-ball even as a back-up.

Dude he is the one that sucks the most out there lmao.

He going to get abused by NBA defenders until he learns to score at a modest ability level
What do you think the management saw in him? Just a throw in for the trade?

Thank you for your response in advance

What do you think the management saw in him? Just a throw in for the trade?

Thank you for your response in advance
He's got talent at everything but scoring/shooting/finishing. He just incredibly untalented when it comes to scoring. He has to really refine his offensive game. I think his only hope is spot up shooting and improve his finishing to the point where it isn't atrocious.