What's new

Game Thread Jul 13, 2024 08:30pm: Jazz Vs Mavericks (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-13-24

The jumper did not fall last night/had some cringy moments off the dribble, but it was another "wow this guy is gonna make a ton of money" performance by Hendricks. I think his perimeter defense and lateral movement looked good. He's not going to be an A+ rim protector or on ball stopper, but he's going to be a B+ or A- at every defensive role and that's super valuable.

The jumper did not fall last night/had some cringy moments off the dribble, but it was another "wow this guy is gonna make a ton of money" performance by Hendricks. I think his perimeter defense and lateral movement looked good. He's not going to be an A+ rim protector or on ball stopper, but he's going to be a B+ or A- at every defensive role and that's super valuable.
He seems almost impossible to score on in transition unless the other guy is an elite transition finisher

I hope Bazley makes the team btw. He kinda sucks at basketball but he's a great athlete with 11/10 effort level. I would like to see him rewarded and use that as an example for the young players. Cody/Hendricks would see massive improvements to their games by dialing up their intensity.

Ok, so my statement remains the same that the biggest question is who starts between Cody and Hendricks

On a normal team, I would say Hendricks would definitely start out the season over Cody....but I haven't gotten the impression that Hardy/coaching staff are super high on him. It's the opposite with Cody. When we drafted Hendricks, they came out and said it was our worst case scenario. With Cody, he may have been our #1 overall selection. Much different vibe.

Wins won't be a priority next season and that will be the case day one. I could see Cody getting the start right away. While I think he will struggle physically, he's got infinitely better feel for the game than Hendricks so he could fit right in.

Havent had many Cody Williams in franchise history. Hes a true wing with length, athleticism, and some ball skills. Looks like the real deal
Just needs a little weight.

I have been clamoring for years for the jazz to get guys with the height, length, athleticism physical profile of Hendricks and Williams. Nice to have them on the team finally.
Of course there is more to it than just physical profile and maybe they won't be good nba players but at least they have the body types to be successful.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

That was very ****ing satisfying. I've said all along that Cody Williams is the truth.
Lol

So splendid!
I kept standing in clutch time and it proved worth it.
Refs suck
nice shooting by justice
those dunks by cody and Bazely drove everyone crazy!
Met a super enthusiastic spurs fan sitting next to me,and got my first appearance on the screen
Perfect!!!
Awesome bro.
I do the standing up in clutch time things in my living room in regular season and playoff games too

Back