What's new

Game Thread Jul 30, 2020: Utah Jazz vs New Orleans Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 07-30-20

Me too... except... and this really hurts me a lot... I really like LeBron and have always rooted for him... I like AD and everyone knows I love me some Alex Caruso. Of the non-Jazz teams in the West they are one of my favorites....

(ducks for cover... and deletes his account)

I really don't like it when one superstar goes to LA in free agency only to be followed by another superstar who forces a trade. That's why I love to see the LA teams lose.

LA fans and the media have come to expect this to happen and openly gloat about it.

Other than the Jazz, I'm rooting for the Bucks.

Is Brandon Ingram playing tonight? Not sure I'm ready to endless mid-range jumpers over Royce. Any chance we see Bradley playing alongside Rudy in a real game? (cringe)

You are one sick hombre.
I really don't like it when one superstar goes to LA in free agency only to be followed by another superstar who forces a trade. That's why I love to see the LA teams lose.

LA fans and the media have come to expect this to happen and openly gloat about it.

Other than the Jazz, I'm rooting for the Bucks.

I hate it too but I love good basketball and LeBron is a ****ing master. I’ve been a fan of his during his whole career. He’s a delight to watch.

Me too... except... and this really hurts me a lot... I really like LeBron and have always rooted for him... I like AD and everyone knows I love me some Alex Caruso. Of the non-Jazz teams in the West they are one of my favorites....

It's not even a question who I'm rooting for once/if the Jazz are eliminated. I've been a huge LeBron fan since he entered the league.

I'm not a silly Jazz fan who for some reason thinks the Lakers are our rivals.

If the Jazz want to go 6-2 and move up in the standings, they probably need to win tonight. On a neutral court, I'll say the Jazz will win by 4 or 5. It'll come down to how well the Jazz defend.
Should be a great game.
Everyone talks about Zion but the pelicans have a lot of nice players even without Zion and are a very good and balanced team. Man they will be good going forward in the next few years with all they got from the AD trade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I too love LeBron. Don't like many others on the Lakers though.
Outside of the jazz I probably want the bucks to win it all.

Man, these playoffs just won't be the same for me without Steph. He is my favorite non jazz player.

I too love LeBron. Don't like many others on the Lakers though.
Outside of the jazz I probably want the bucks to win it all.

Man, these playoffs just won't be the same for me without Steph. He is my favorite non jazz player.

Look if you don't like Caruso that is a you problem.

It's not even a question who I'm rooting for once/if the Jazz are eliminated. I've been a huge LeBron fan since he entered the league.

I'm not a silly Jazz fan who for some reason thinks the Lakers are our rivals.
Its all laundry... except for the Rockets... they can burn in hell.

First of all, that doesn't work with my OCD. Here are the scenarios...

SCENARIO ONE
Jazz go 6-2. Clippers go 3-5 and/or Nuggets go 4-4. Jazz pull ahead of the Nuggets. Jazz potentially win tie-breaker over Clippers. Jazz would take the 2nd or 3rd seed. They play the Thunder, Rockets or Mavs in the 1st round. Match up with the Clippers or Denver in the 2nd round. Jazz potentially drop two spots in the draft order.

SCENARIO TWO
Jazz go 5-3 or 4-4. Nuggets go at least 4-4 and stay ahead of the Jazz. Clippers go at least 3-5 and stay ahead of the Jazz. Jazz would take the 4th or 5th seed. They play the Thunder or the Rockets in the 1st round, Lakers in the 2nd round. Jazz potentially move up 2 spots in the draft order.

SCENARIO THREE
Jazz go 4-4 or 3-5. Rockets and Thunder both win more games than the Jazz. Jazz fall to the 6th seed and face Denver or the Clippers in the first round. Then face the other team, Clippers or Denver, in the 2nd round. Jazz potentially move up 3 spots in the draft order. I actually like this scenario.

Jazz will be favored (or should be favored) in 4 of their last 5 games and can choose which track they want after seeing the results around the league after the first 3 games. In particular, we'd like Miami to beat Denver and we'd like Houston to get off to a rough start. If the Lakers clinch the #1 seed after the first couple of games, they might coast a bit against us in their third game. If the Jazz are going to drop an extra game, it should be to the Thunder, who need to match the Rockets win for win.

Try to keep up.

There are literally like tens of scenarios... all of it likely ends up in playing either the Rockets, Thunder, Nuggets, Clippers or Mavs with no home court advantage. Who we play likely has more to do with how other teams perform as much as how we perform. I think we'd be an underdog in all of those matchups (without Bojan). I'd rather avoid the Rockets and Clippers but honestly even getting them wouldn't be so bad.... Clips have all the Covid and Rocks have an injury already, are thin, and if small ball doesn't work they have no other options.

Ain't gonna worry much about record as long as we are playing well.

I dont root for **** besides the Jazz lmao. I watch as a neutral observer, which is actually fun.
I guess I don't root for other teams... I just like seeing certain players. I would say I pull for certain outcomes once Jazz are eliminated for entertainment purposes. I ain't gonna lose a wink of sleep if Lebron doesn't win... I'd just rather watch him play and would rather him win than Harden or some of the other dudes.

It's funny cuz my kids will sit with me and ask who I want to win... and I usually just say I want the game to be good... it puzzles them.

Should be a great game.
Everyone talks about Zion but the pelicans have a lot of nice players even without Zion and are a very good and balanced team. Man they will be good going forward in the next few years with all they got from the AD trade.

I feel like they are being overlooked a little with most media having Portland as the 8 seed darlings. Nurkic does make a difference but yeah New Orleans has a nice roster of talent. And if they can get Zion back and rolling like that could be huge.

All kinds of things are confusing about the message. We care about discrimination of some groups and support discrimination when it lines the pockets of the NBA. The protest is being done in a way that comes across as Anti American to the very people who support equality. Much of what is being promoted hurts the very people the protest are supposedly trying to help. The platform includes an anti family logic that simply makes things worse. That is a starter list.
Anti family?