What's new

Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

Teams that are physical defensively and cut off our passing lanes and teams that are proficient at the mid range game are a big weakness.
Teams that combine an proficient midrange game with a superior pick and roll threat are a big weakness. Hell, that combo is a weakness for everyone. Dudes just taking midrange shots off the dribble (usually long twos or floaters) is considerably LESS of a problem. Suns put Rudy in the position of defending Paul and Ayton simultaneously. Zubac isn't near that level of worry.

I have, and I was confused as to why the article completely ignored that we're also the 2nd best team in the NBA at taking away the 3 from opposing teams.
Maybe because that’s not what the article was about?

But since we’re on the topic of opponent 3pt attempts..... A lot of our success there is because we can overplay on the perimeter and know that Rudy lurks in the paint. It’s a different scenario if he’s out of the paint.

Teams that combine an proficient midrange game with a superior pick and roll threat are a big weakness. Hell, that combo is a weakness for everyone. Dudes just taking midrange shots off the dribble (usually long twos or floaters) is considerably LESS of a problem. Suns put Rudy in the position of defending Paul and Ayton simultaneously. Zubac isn't near that level of worry.
Pls don’t think that Zubac is the biggest threat at the 5.

Bogdanovic had a good Game 1 in the last series. Lets see if he can get a good start here as well. He'll likely be guarded by Batum, who is long, but not better than Jaren Jackson Jr. or Kyle Anderson, who guarded Bogey last series.

Offensively, the Clippers are mostly just 3 guys--Kawhi, PG and Reggie Jackson. Morris and Batum can score a bit, but they can't carry the offense for any sustainable period.

Im looking at his larger body of work, because... well... I think that’s the most honey choice.

I suggest reading that article I just linked... if you haven’t already.
I said it already, and really only kind of joking around, that Rudy is the sarlacc and our defense is to push guys into the sarlacc-pit. Rudy defends entire teams, changes whole offensive schemes like few players in the history of the game. And the advanced stats bear that out. This series will go as Rudy goes. Offensively we have the fire power, but Rudy is the true X-factor. If Rudy is in beast mode, no problem. If he is in floppy-whiny-bitch mode we will be in trouble.

I think jazz should be mentally tough if we want to win this game ,we cannot be affected by calls. It will surely favor the superstars. We will get open but we need to make them. Don't think too much of kahwi he's going to get his points.

Such a shame Conley is out. He was playing so well and shooting lights out. Smart in the pick and roll and can make switching defenses pay. Really good defensively for his size and in general too. Clippers fans said he's a Clipper killer too.

I just hope we don't beat ourselves with dumb turnovers and missed free throws or something. If Kawhi just superstars all over us, then so be it.

How am I supposed to enjoy these games? Get too damn nervous.