What's new

Game Thread Jun 10, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 06-10-21

Can't fault that. Unless it leads to an (re)injury, I guess.

In any case, I REALLY hope the Nuggets can win a couple of games. I don't want to catch the Suns (CP, specifically) rested.
Yeah, my eyes are definitely on the Suns today. As they have been for months. I fear them more than anyone

Typically, and I say this knowing there are exceptions, but if a team is going to win a road game during that 3/4 game stretch while up 2-0, it's game four. Of course, if you sweep, obviously you win both.

But remember that GSW semifinals series in 2007 where the Jazz had two close wins in SLC to go up 2-0 and then got wrecked in game three before winning game four?

Also happened during the Spurs semifinals series in 1998. Again, close wins at home, a blowout loss in game three and then a win in game four before closing it out at home.

Same, but on the other side vs the Spurs in the 2007 WCF: down 0-2, Utah comes in and blows the Spurs out but then loses game four (after one of the worst officiated games ever, mind you).

It seems that's typically the pattern these series follow. Hopefully that's the case this time around and we get a win down in LA.

Of course, I also remember losing game three to the Blazers in 2000 to fall 0-3 in that series, winning game four and nearly winning game five in Portland. So, clearly it's not an always occurrence.

I'm also hoping Denver makes a series of it against the Suns.

Reactions: MVP
I think game 3 is the perfect time to (continue to) sit Conley and part of me kinda wants the Jazz to sit Donovan too. I think Conley is back for game 4 (and hopefully beyond).
I think in the event that we sat both Conley and Donovan, we could possibly steal that as a huge trap game.

This is great news. I think he would have been more effective against us than Cousins or Zubac have been.
It's also great news because it kind of seems like he looked at the series and was like, "well I guess the season is over, no need to hold off on the back surgery."

This is great news. I think he would have been more effective against us than Cousins or Zubac have been.
Yeah he was the only guy that gives them stretch and rim protection.

I think in the event that we sat both Conley and Donovan, we could possibly steal that as a huge trap game.
No way.

I think we play our healthy guys. If you sit with an eye to game 4 you lose an opportunity that might not present itself. I think you play your healthy guys but pull the rip cord if it looks ugly in the first half. We might have an unusually hot game 3 or they might be cold. Giving our guys a game off would also allow them to manage minutes with key guys and I think Leonard is wearing out. I also think that gym lends itself to good shooting... kinda closed off and quiet like the bubble.

No way.

I think we play our healthy guys. If you sit with an eye to game 4 you lose an opportunity that might not present itself. I think you play your healthy guys but pull the rip cord if it looks ugly in the first half. We might have an unusually hot game 3 or they might be cold. Giving our guys a game off would also allow them to manage minutes with key guys and I think Leonard is wearing out. I also think that gym lends itself to good shooting... kinda closed off and quiet like the bubble.
I’m not advocating it. I’d like to win game 3. But if we sat people I think it opens up some unanticipated chaos.

But I’m sitting here with some withdrawals and needing a fix and I can’t stand the thought of having my weekend game be a loss. The whole fam has been together watching the games on the TV. The regular season it was usually just me watching on my phone, so it’s been great bonding, too. Win that game.

It's a little early to proclaim Donovan as the greatest Jazz player ever. My Stockton-to-Malone heart will ache a little, but I will get over it with a championship.
I noticed Joe Ingles was absent from that Stephen A quote... I guess everyone already assumes no one will be better than he is... seems fair.

I’m not advocating it. I’d like to win game 3. But if we sat people I think it opens up some unanticipated chaos.

But I’m sitting here with some withdrawals and needing a fix and I can’t stand the thought of having my weekend game be a loss. The whole fam has been together watching the games on the TV. The regular season it was usually just me watching on my phone, so it’s been great bonding, too. Win that game.
I don’t think it ends well if we sat them. I think Mike is ready and we might spring it on the clips late on Saturday to give them a jolt of WTF energy. They seem to be overly reactive so it might send Lue spinning.

And maybe Mike only plays like 20 minutes to get a tune up before having to play a bigger role in games 4/5.