What's new

Game Thread Jun 10, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 06-10-21

I think we end up seeing Patrick Beverly tonight. He's there best chance at containing DM. Kawhi doesn't really guard Don's types... better suited for the wings.

Nervous about this one but if we can get it doubt and fear start to really creep in and outside of Kawhi I am not sure this team has the mental makeup to keep digging themselves out of holes. Phoenix looks like they gonna run Denver in 4/5 games. Gotta do our work early in this series if possible.

I think we end up seeing Patrick Beverly tonight. He's there best chance at containing DM. Kawhi doesn't really guard Don's types... better suited for the wings.

Nervous about this one but if we can get it doubt and fear start to really creep in and outside of Kawhi I am not sure this team has the mental makeup to keep digging themselves out of holes. Phoenix looks like they gonna run Denver in 4/5 games. Gotta do our work early in this series if possible.

Beverley has zero shot of containing Donovan and a 100% of getting in foul trouble.

Locke’s show is particularly good today. Definitely recommend it.
Agreed, but then I think his breakdown is often very good. Changes the way I watch the game. The Clips adjustments will be very interesting. Hope BB can keep playing very good D.

Idk but it's clear I live rent free in your head.
Not really. You’ll hit the ignore list soon. Sometimes you naughty trollbois have to get caked out for being snowflakes, and it’s just my turn in the rotation.

Do you have your inhaler and your special blanket ready for tonight’s game? Really worried about you.

Maybe... he did well during the regular season. If the refs let them be physical he could do well.
Did he do well this year? I feel like 2021 PB is a shell of his former self and, mostly, living off his reputation. I would much rather have PB on the court than Reggie Jackson. Jackson being in foul trouble was kind of overlooked last game.

To be fair, our guys did a great job of contesting those shots. We really couldn't have defended that last shot any better than we did. No one had a clean look.
True, but Kawhi had a lot of time on the clock, and I was a bit surprised the pair of them just decided on deferring to Morris instead of taking a step back, get a screen and make something happen. PG13 had a bit less to work with, I guess.

Not really. You’ll hit the ignore list soon. Sometimes you naughty trollbois have to get caked out for being snowflakes, and it’s just my turn in the rotation.

Do you have your inhaler and your special blanket ready for tonight’s game? Really worried about you.
lol bro you're the one triggered by my posts. So, I sense a great deal of projection on your end. At the end of the day, I've been posting on this forum, regardless of iteration, since I was in elementary school back in the early 2000s, so if you think you're going to get me to break, or leave, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not leaving and I'm not changing who I've been the last 20 years.

Might as well put me on that ignore list and save yourself some precious time.

lol bro you're the one triggered by my posts. So, I sense a great deal of projection on your end. At the end of the day, I've been posting on this forum, regardless of iteration, since I was in elementary school back in the early 2000s, so if you think you're going to get me to break, or leave, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not leaving and I'm not changing who I've been the last 20 years.

You were in elementary school? That’s crazy. I assumed you were my age and I think other than that I had been the youngest person on the forum at the time (funny that we don’t have any teenagers here, maybe Reddit and Twitter have supplanted this kind of medium that was once cutting edge). I remember when you got some gig covering a game with Tim Buckley and DesNews, or something.

Wow, you’ve been here that long? It’s remarkable how little you’ve changed (evolved?) over that window of time. Incredible.

Did he do well this year? I feel like 2021 PB is a shell of his former self and, mostly, living off his reputation. I would much rather have PB on the court than Reggie Jackson. Jackson being in foul trouble was kind of overlooked last game.
He's not as good as he was in his prime but still good. He might have an injury but I think Ty Lue over-reacted because he can't guard Luka.

You were in elementary school? That’s crazy. I assumed you were my age and I think other than that I had been the youngest person on the forum at the time (funny that we don’t have any teenagers here, maybe Reddit and Twitter have supplanted this kind of medium that was once cutting edge). I remember when you got some gig covering a game with Tim Buckley and DesNews, or something.
At the very beginning, yeah. But that was a long time ago, around the time the Jazz was playing the Sonics and Mavs in the playoffs.

I did go to Stockton's retirements party with a few from here. So, I was definitely out of elementary at that point lol

He's not as good as he was in his prime but still good. He might have an injury but I think Ty Lue over-reacted because he can't guard Luka.

He’s really not good. Westbrook literally said it best. He tricks people. He runs around acting like he’s playing hard defense. He’s terrible. I hope they put him on Mitchell.

One thing that I am happy about is that After the first game, the Clippers have to adjust to US! That feels so good. Remember trying to come up with some gimmick against Houston? Clippers rolled in here with some small ball lineup that they had rarely played with and we ran it off of the court. It was damn disrespectful.

I like what Locke said about "playing with a purpose." We know what we want to do, we have done it before, and we aren't going to get bent out of that by whatever the Clippers are doing. Those teams tend to win series.

As long as the Clippers keep experimenting rather than sticking to "what brung 'em," we should have more success. They should dive more into half court iso tonight, which we are the best in the league at defending and just spent an entire series working on. If they do anything else, all the better.

They are going to win 1 or 2 just off of talent, but, even without Conley, I feel like we have the coaching and mental edge.

He’s really not good. Westbrook literally said it best. He tricks people. He runs around acting like he’s playing hard defense. He’s terrible. I hope they put him on Mitchell.
He’s a good defender. Westbrook hates him as they have a long history.

One thing that I am happy about is that After the first game, the Clippers have to adjust to US! That feels so good. Remember trying to come up with some gimmick against Houston? Clippers rolled in here with some small ball lineup that they had rarely played with and we ran it off of the court. It was damn disrespectful.

I like what Locke said about "playing with a purpose." We know what we want to do, we have done it before, and we aren't going to get bent out of that by whatever the Clippers are doing. Those teams tend to win series.

As long as the Clippers keep experimenting rather than sticking to "what brung 'em," we should have more success. They should dive more into half court iso tonight, which we are the best in the league at defending and just spent an entire series working on. If they do anything else, all the better.

They are going to win 1 or 2 just off of talent, but, even without Conley, I feel like we have the coaching and mental edge.
His pod was good. They are in trouble... we stick to our strategy. If they had Ibaka the switching 5 out might work better. Would have a rim protector still. I think they have to play big to have a chance tbh... I think they adjust a bit but Rudy will have a big game this go around.

His pod was good. They are in trouble... we stick to our strategy. If they had Ibaka the switching 5 out might work better. Would have a rim protector still. I think they have to play big to have a chance tbh... I think they adjust a bit but Rudy will have a big game this go around.
Kinda what I took is the more they have to communicate to defend or beat a scheme the worse they are going to play. They seem like a bunch of good parts out there doing stuff and not a true team/unit.