What's new

Game Thread Jun 12, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 06-12-21

Think of the rim and the cylinder going straight up in the air. If the ball is anywhere in the cylinder when it’s touched it’s goaltending.

You do know that they went small in the first two games as well right? And we won.
They did. The difference tonight was that they played Batum more. He had 35 minutes played in like the first 44. He sat the scrub minutes.

In the first couple games, he played much less. If he is able to stay on the floor, stretch Rudy, and Rudy can only account for 10 and 10, we are in trouble.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The Clippers hit 53% from the 3 point line. Part of that was Rudy being stretched. But a lot of it was just that they didn't miss many shots. Those makes came at pivotal times as well.

Contrast that with terrible shooting my Bogie and Clarkson and Rudy and Niang and Oni. We missed layups, missed open threes, and couldn't rebound or get a stop.

Chasing Conley and Conley guarding them will reduce their percentage big time.

I believe in Spida and feel like he can come back fine. If we steal one game in LA out of two, we are all back on cloud 9.

Last edited:
The Clippers hit 53% from the 3 point line. Part of that was Rudy being stretched. But a lot of it was just that they didn't miss many shots. Those makes came at pivotal times as well.

Chasing Conley and Conley guarding them will reduce that percentage big time.

I believe in Spida and feel like he can come back fine. If we steal one game in LA out of two, we are all back on cloud 9.
I figured they’d lose this one. Donovan and Bogie seem a bit beat up and still no Conley. He better be available for game 4 ..

Clippers 3pt shooting% vs. Mavs

Game 1 - 11/40 , 28% , L
Game 2 - 13/33, 39% , L
Game 3 - 13/31, 42%, W
Game 4 - 13/33, 39%, W
Game 5 - 14/38, 37%, L
Game 6 - 10/34, 29%, W
Game 7 - 20/43, 47%, W

Clippers vs jazz

Game 1 - 16/42, 38%, L
Game 2 - 11/30, 37%, L
Game 3 - 19/36, 53% , W

Last night was Clips best 3pt shooting at 53%. PG 6/10 , Batum 4/6 ,Jackson 5/6.

This isn't going to continue I think but we need to defend the 3.

I figured they’d lose this one. Donovan and Bogie seem a bit beat up and still no Conley. He better be available for game 4 ..
I was coming to say something similar. I expected to go back to SLC 3-1 so this is the one we lost. We simply just have to come out and play better and be focused.

Sucks but the Clipps played the perfect game. Stepped up the defense, Kawhi and PG were both very good and everyone else on their team was effective. Hope we steal the next one but our backcourt's health is my main concern.

Sucks but the Clipps played the perfect game. Stepped up the defense, Kawhi and PG were both very good and everyone else on their team was effective. Hope we steal the next one but our backcourt's health is my main concern.
This...

And the Jazz missed layups (I can remember 3 by gobert, 4 by Mitchell, and 2 put backs by favors) and open threes (Bogdonovic 1 for 5 and Clarkson 5 - 16 from three).

Plus, we didnt clean the glass as we have been.

Niang plays better with Conley.
Rudy gets more lobs with Conley.

If Conley is back for game 4 we will punish smaller line ups better than what we've done.
Defense has to be there. No team can win a playoff semifinals if the defense don't show up.

reggie jackson turning into steph curry the past 3 games is absurd.
conley needs to be HEALTHY 100% along with every other player the jazz have.

How has Niang been good at all this series? It's a horrible matchup for him.

Snyder needs to realize this and bench his *** for the rest of the series. Make some adjustments Quin! Oni and Niang aren't cutting it.
How did I say he has been good this series?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Favors has 4 points in this entire series, Niang has 3, Oni hasn't scored. Outside of Clarkson the bench has given us nothing.
I'm curious how much the clippers bench has scored and if it's more than we have got from our bench (with Clarkson contributions included)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app