What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

Without Gobert this team is trash.

They have a negative +/- during his time on the bench damn near every game.
That is a stupid way to look at it. You have to look at the opportunity cost (i.e. 205 million to spend on other players)

Lmao. He is one of the biggest reasons Jazz have the offense they have. Not everything is individual stats. Clips made adjustments to take away Rudy screens went zone and Jazz shooters couldn't keep up and penetration without Rudy screens died aside from Mitchell. Especially Ingles struggled without it.

If the Jazz could get into the paint, we would see more Rudy offensive rebounds and may be, gosh, lobs and then he could be effective.

Also how many passes has he fumbled this game?
Thats what I'm saying. His offense AND his defense can be schemed out.

It's modern day basketball and Rudy is left guarding Jackson, Batum, Morris. When he gets blown by, another guy is wide open.

On offense, his screen doesn't matter because they rotate before he can get to the only spot where he can score - 3 feet.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I love when people go from wrong to loud wrong. Double down on dumb.
Sorry man, it's largely the objective truth. Maybe it's more they straight tied, but this series proved it. The Jazz need both players to function at a high level. Without Conley they lack the leadership presence to make others better and without Mitchell they lack the ability to put pressure on the rim. I think overall Conley is more important because of the defensive impact he can bring.

And Conley continues to rehab while his team goes down in flames. But he will play next series for sure! Right?

He has played his last game in a Jazz uniform.

One of the most brain-dead narratives pertaining to Gobert is that he gets "exposed" in the playoffs. Morons love to cite the Jazz's failures against the Rockets as proof of this.

What they don't realize is that the Rockets had an abysmal offensive rating in those series. The Jazz lost because of their offense. Their defense, more specifically, Gobert, was the only thing even keeping them in games.
He did help in that 1 Rockets series on D. He got nullified on offense, but yes his defense was great that one series when we lost in the first round.

People make excuse after excuse for Rudy but he is a liability on offense. He just is. He can't do anything outside of 3 feet.

What are you watching? They are switching to him on the perimeter. And then passing to the player he is guarding on rotation for the open 3. He’s been a huge liability on defense. But not his fault. Quin had made no adjustments that I can see to help him.
This times 100,000,000,000.

The solution? Keep the league's best paint protector IN THE PAINT!!! Adjust so that others guard the perimeter more aggressively. 4 out, 1 in. Nuf said.

MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT QUIN!!! DONT SAY THIS IS OUR DNA AND RIDE IT TO THE GRAVE!!!

Last edited:
He did help in that 1 Rockets series on D. He got nullified on offense, but yes his defense was great that one series when we lost in the first round.

People make excuse after excuse for Rudy but he is a liability on offense. He just is. He can't do anything outside of 3 feet.

Rudy is a liability on offense and defense if the other team has a shooting big, can play small ball, or has a player that can play the pick n roll.

Why does Lopo only post when the Jazz lose?

Think about it.
Dude I got 3 kids and I just got back from a trip through Montana and Wyoming. Pardon me for not getting on.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong. Like your stupid take that Don is our 3rd best player. We couldn't beat the Griz without Don but you think we could beat the Clips?

Coward

Cmon dude, you calling Rudy a diva on/off the court and neglecting his impact on the team is ridiculous. At this point, those statements is just hating. Reminds me of jom2003 last year with Conley. Appreciate Rudy for what he does and brings to the team.

We are easy to scheme against at this point. Conley completely changes the dynamic of this team, both on offense and defense (particuarly this year). Rudy plays much better with Conley than with any other player. And the Clips wouldnt be able to double team Donovan.

An injured Donovan doesn't help either. He is probably at 50% now. And he is not a PG.

It sucks our team isnt healthy.

I really thought the moronic "Rudy is a liability on offense" takes would go away when the Jazz's offense blasted the rest of the league this season. Gobert's screening and roll gravity is what makes everything work.

Are you even a Jazz fan?

Other than the finals with Stockton and Malone, this I think this is the most disappointing loss I've ever witnessed. I just feel sick.
Pretty sure the follow up year after Jordan retired is more disappointing than this. We should have won that year (1999)