What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

That is why someone like Draymond doesn’t get played off of the court because he can switch onto anyone. I hate Draymond too but it’s just facts.

The Clippers were literally trying to get Rudy to switch onto their guards so they could go after him. If that isn’t a liability I don’t know what is. Wake the **** up.
Did you watch teh game or do you only remember what you want to remember?

Most of the game they go away from Gobert. Yes, they put switches on him too, but he literally does a better job iso guarding than basically anyone else on the team, and he doesnt get any help weakside like he gives to everyone else. Wake the **** up.

I don't think anybody is blaming Rudy for the loss.

I think they are simply pointing out that he is extremely overrated by a ton of people around here. Also pointing out that he is often a liability on offense AND defense.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Dude Im begging you to stop posting so the Jazz can win Game 6 and 7.

Jazz win, you are silent and nowhere to be found.

Jazz lose, you bring your dumbass mouth to the board to spew garbage.

You the reason the Jazz losing above anything else.

Gobert is the best defender in the league when players get funneled into him. That is what our defense is during the regular season and it works.

This is the playoffs. If they can have Batum or Morris out there and put them on the three-point it puts Rudy into no man’s land. They routinely got open threes without even a contest from Rudy.

They purposely tried to get Rudy to switch onto guards so they could go after him. He’s not a good perimeter defender.

Everyone knows what he brings to the table and it works in the regular season but playoff basketball is a whole other animal. It’s the same thing with Niang he works in the regular season but he’s a huge liability in the playoffs. Playoff basketball has turned into needing great defenders and defenders who are able to switch on picks.

Dude Im begging you to stop posting so the Jazz can win Game 6 and 7.

Jazz win, you are silent and nowhere to be found.

Jazz lose, you bring your dumbass mouth to the board to spew garbage.

You the reason the Jazz losing above anything else.
You'll come up with any excuse to blame instead of the actual ones that matter -

1. Rudy isn't our best player in the playoffs because he's schemed out (what I've been saying for 4 years now)

2. Aluminum Foil Mike Conley can't be counted on

3. Donovan Mitchell is our only hope

But you won't admit to the facts above and you'll probably result to name calling.

You'll come up with any excuse to blame instead of the actual ones that matter -

1. Rudy isn't our best player in the playoffs because he's schemed out (what I've been saying for 4 years now)

2. Aluminum Foil Mike Conley can't be counted on

3. Donovan Mitchell is our only hope

But you won't admit to the facts above and you'll probably result to name calling.
Explain why you only post when teh Jazz lose.

Gobert is the best defender in the league when players get funneled into him. That is what our defense is during the regular season and it works.

This is the playoffs. If they can have Batum or Morris out there and put them on the three-point it puts Rudy into no man’s land. They routinely got open threes without even a contest from Rudy.

They purposely tried to get Rudy to switch onto guards so they could go after him. He’s not a good perimeter defender.

Everyone knows what he brings to the table and it works in the regular season but playoff basketball is a whole other animal. It’s the same thing with Niang he works in the regular season but he’s a huge liability in the playoffs. Playoff basketball has turned into needing great defenders and defenders who are able to switch on picks.
Gobert literally had the best iso defense numbers in the NBA this year.

What is up with people in this thread complaining about the few things that are actually going well for the Jazz?

Here is what I need to understand about this data:

So Royce O'Neale is lined up against their very best offensive player, and he's giving up 1.19 ppc. Rudy is going up against the 5th best offensive option for the Clippers (Batum, Beverly, Mann, etc.) and he's giving up .97 ppc.

So really, is he doing all that great? Can somebody break this down for me? Does this include when his man is left completely wide open because he can't close out?

What is up with people on Jazzfanz complaining about the few things that are actually going well for the Jazz?

Lmao dude did you read those tweets?

Gobert is allowing 1 point per possession when he’s the screener defender. 72 possessions have ended up in 72 points.

Favors (who we all know has been getting absolutely torched) is allowing 1.19 points. 45 possessions have ended up in 53 points.

Those numbers are extremely close and proves my point exactly.

Wake the **** up.

The difference in points that he’s allowing less than Bogey and Mitchell and Ingles is not even close to the amount that would allow him to be out there because he’s not bringing scoring offensively.

Lmao dude did you read those tweets?

Gobert is allowing 1 point per possession when he’s the screener defender. 72 possessions have ended up in 72 points.

Favors (who we all know has been getting absolutely torched) is allowing 1.19 points. 45 possessions have ended up in 53 points.

Those numbers are extremely close and proves my point exactly.

Wake the **** up.

1 point per possession would equate to by far the worst offense in the entire NBA. 1.19 points per possession would equate to the best offense in the entire NBA.

I will remind yall that White Chocolate use to have a hard on for Andre Drummond and thought he was as good as Gobert, so his ability to analyze centers is bottom tier.

1 point per possession would equate to by far the worst offense in the entire NBA. 1.19 points per possession would equate to the best offense in the entire NBA.

We’re talking about screen defenders not entire offense. Please share those numbers.

We have a better offensive rating without Rudy this series too but please everyone tell me how he brings so much offensively. **** is getting comical at this point.

Imagine if we had a Mikal Bridges and someone like Draymond instead of Gobert.