What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

It's a definite must win game tonight. There's no excuse if they lose. However it's sucks now that if the Jazz wins this series, ppl will say "you only won because Kawhi was hurt" bs.
They will, but I'm beyond caring. They miss Kawhi for 2-3 games and we miss Conley for the whole series. Plus Donovan being injured.

Uhh, so you are suggest you take a player with a bad hamstring and make him sit on the bench for most of the game then throw him out randomly while he's cold?
Well, obviously now he's been declared out, but if they did I would expect him to start, play some minutes, then sit on the bike staying ready or something. It's a pivotal game, after all. I expect they wouldn't do it, though, he probably plays 25+ minutes or not at all.

It's a definite must win game tonight. There's no excuse if they lose. However it's sucks now that if the Jazz wins this series, ppl will say "you only won because Kawhi was hurt" bs.
I thought about that for a split second then I considered the following:

1. LA is stacked - they got the advantage of a bunch of good players who signed on for cheap. Players who wouldn't come to Utah.

2. We are missing a starter of our own. On top of that, our best player is also nursing an injury.

3. They have gotten about every 50/50 whistle in this series. Even at our place, they have been allowed to play and have gotten a favorable whistle.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

So, how will LAC start? I guess it's either like game 4 with Mann or Berverley in for Kawhi, or it's back to bigger with Zubac.
In any case, they will have Kennard off the bench who can light it up, but outside of that... Zubac will have his 10 minutes of pretty good impact, Mann might get a bit hot, but that's about it.
If you can limit Morris Sr, Batum and Jackson somewhat, I'll take my chances on PG13 doing this on his own.

I’m more concerned with Morris, Rondo, Mann, and Beverley than Push Off P. He’ll get his. The question is if we make those other guys look like all stars.

I think ultimately the deciding factor will be if Quin has figured anything out offensively and if the role players are going to show up. We need Rudy, Bogey, and Jingles to show up tonight.

So, how will LAC start? I guess it's either like game 4 with Mann or Berverley in for Kawhi, or it's back to bigger with Zubac.
In any case, they will have Kennard off the bench who can light it up, but outside of that... Zubac will have his 10 minutes of pretty good impact, Mann might get a bit hot, but that's about it.
If you can limit Morris Sr, Batum and Jackson somewhat, I'll take my chances on PG13 doing this on his own.
I think they go with Bev... could see them starting Zubac and then moving away from it quickly. They will run more pick and roll with PG... do it with Zubac on the floor and Rudy gets to be involved.

We shall see but LAC have a ton of options. Very deep and flexible roster. Jump them from the start while they adjust and they are in for a long night.

I’m more concerned with Morris, Rondo, Mann, and Beverley than Push Off P. He’ll get his. The question is if we make those other guys look like all stars.

I think ultimately the deciding factor will be if Quin has figured anything out offensively and if the role players are going to show up. We need Rudy, Bogey, and Jingles to show up tonight.
If George sucks they lose... if he is good they may still lose if the others don't give them something really good. I don't think he can carry them in a poor man's version of what KD did last night... He has been known to shrink from the moment. We need to make sure he feels the pressure by not letting them get out to an early lead.

LA's got some good shooters too, like the Jazz. Those are the ones that worry me for tonight. Guys like Kennard, Morris, Batum and Jackson. If George steps up like KD did last night and also gets major support from the others in Kawhi's place, that spells trouble definitely.

LA's got some good shooters too, like the Jazz. Those are the ones that worry me for tonight. Guys like Kennard, Morris, Batum and Jackson. If George steps up like KD last night and gets major support from the others in Kawhi's place, that spells trouble definitely.
PG doesn't have that level... KD's game last night was an all timer.

I'm curious to see how much it helps us on offense. George hadn't been amazing on defense in the first couple... Leonard has been a key to their zone/roving/doubling style. Bev is no slouch but he's tiny compared to Leonard. It shifts the matchups for a few guys and may make it easier for Rudy to get some easy ones on the offensive glass. I think Kawhi is critical in their small lineups for rebounding.

Clips still have talent and some momentum so i'm not going to get overly optimistic now that Leonard is out. The Jazz have a lucky opportunity here to cash in. I'm hoping the Jazz can get Rudy some easy baskets early and hopefully get him more engaged offensively.

It's eye popping to be toe to toe in a semifinal against the Clippers with Niang/Oni as our 8th and 9th guys, and with a 24 years old star player physically hobbled.
They use somethig like couple of Rondo, Mann, Beverly, Cousins as 8th and 9th.
I'm just going to enjoy these games.
I really want to be able to watch this team next season... would be really serious If the guys upstairs get viable players to fill the 8th to 10th roster spots....

It's eye popping to be toe to toe in a semifinal against the Clippers with Niang/Oni as our 8th and 9th guys, and with a 24 years old star player physically hobbled.
They use somethig like couple of Rondo, Mann, Beverly, Cousins as 8th and 9th.
I'm just going to enjoy these games.
I really want to be able to watch this team next season... would be really serious If the guys upstairs get viable players to fill the 8th to 10th roster spots....
Homie... enjoy this year... this might be it. It’s why rolling with a 50% g league roster is maddening and confusing... we were supposed to be all in.

With kawhi out they lose one of their drive and kick guys and best mid range shooter. Expect a dirty and physical game.

Dis
If George sucks they lose... if he is good they may still lose if the others don't give them something really good. I don't think he can carry them in a poor man's version of what KD did last night... He has been known to shrink from the moment. We need to make sure he feels the pressure by not letting them get out to an early lea
I Disagree. The issue is with the role players. Whether George goes for 25 or 45 is irrelevant. The issue is limiting “the others.” Can’t let Morris, Mann,Batum, Zubac, Rondo go bat **** crazy on us. That should be our focus tonight.

Our role players need to beat their role players. Rudy, Jingles, Bogey, Clarkson, and Niang need to ****ing show up.